Windows 7 drivers

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by adoucette, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adoucette

adoucette New Tablet User

Does anyone know when or if Fujitsu will update drivers for tablets running windows 7? The Fujitsu site doesn't list Win7 drivers yet, AFAIK. :confused:
    What are the best current drivers to use for the T4220 running Windows 7? Should there be a sticky for the current best practices and drivers for Fujitsu tablets running windows 7?

I have a 4220 and scattered threads in this forum recommend using the most recent Vista drivers for the 5010 on a 4220 tablet running Win7.

I am using the 5010 drivers and I note that the auto screen rotation doesn't work properly when physically moving the screen to tablet mode. Nor does the audio switch from speakers to headphone when a headphone jack is plugged in. Most importantly, I get about 30% less battery life -- even on power saver mode and the basic theme -- in Win7 than I did in Vista. My cpu fan is also running more loudly.
    I assume that all of the above are driver issues.

Thanks for any info about the drivers or how to fix the screen, audio, or battery problems. Would be great to have a thread with all the info in one place.

2. mistah_g

mistah_g Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know for sure about the T4220, but for the T5010 we are using the drivers (in Vista compatibility mode) that came on the driver DVD with the laptop. Perhaps you can try the driver disc that came with your T4220 and run them in compatibility mode? They work quite well for the T5010, even though the newer drivers online don't work so well...

3. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

The Vista drivers work for Win7 for virtually all devices. Manufacturers can update these drivers to be compatible for Win Stage but this is not strictly necessary. Regarding battery life, I get the same battery life in Win7. All you need to do is to customize your power schemes

4. phinphan

phinphan Pen Pal - Newbie

Adrietzos - Do you mind saying what drivers you are using for Win7. I couldn't get Win7 to work worth beans on my 4220. Are you using 50.. series drivers or Vista drivers or compatibility mode?

5. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

First of all, I am using a T5010 and I run Win7 RC 32-bit. I did find out that simply upgrading to Win7 resulted in an unstable system, so I did a clean install. After the installation, I run the "Vista Driver Recovery Disk" which run fine in compatibility mode. It picked all the missing drivers (these were highlighted) and installed them. Win7 provided the fingerprint reader driver. So, everything works fine including the buttons and auto-rotate (auto-rotate was restored by installing the latest video driver from Intel).

Now, it is clear from this forum that unless you use the Vista Driver Recovery Disk, it is very hard to get the downloadable drivers to work. I do not know why that is. So, in order to get everything working, you need to do a clean install and use the provided disk. This is the best way to get full functionality.

6. gusvic

gusvic Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the information. Could you provide the Exact DriverVersion of the Video-driver autorotation works with?
    Thanks

7. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, it is the 8.15.10.1808 dated 6/3/09. It is installed through Windows Update

8. gusvic

gusvic Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you,
    I have version 8.15.10.1825 and autorotate doesnt work. Will look for your version and see if it works.

9. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Do this with Windows Update rather than downloading the driver. There is an Intel utility that gets installed as well and it is important for autorotation to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.