Windows 7 Drivers Avaliable for HP / Compaq 2710p

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Kyle Porter, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Hp Has just released some drivers for the compaq 2710p on their website.

This is limited to :

» Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. dougpaw57

dougpaw57 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I saw that they posted them today. Unfortunately they didn't provide any 64-bit drivers. Maybe in a couple more days?

3. dougpaw57

Hooray! HP has 64-bit drivers available for the 2710P as of today. I'm currently wiping XP and going to attempt Windows 7 RC install to see if the drivers solve the screen calibration problems. If not, I guess I live with XP Tablet Edition.

4. EmailGuy

EmailGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

What are people using for the HP Protect Tools for Windows 7?

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit and Windows warns when installing and everytime I boot that the version of Protect Tools I'm using is not compatible with Windows 7. I installed the Vista 32 Business version of the Protect Tools.

I tried the Windows 7 version of the tools for the 2730p and they installed fine and Windows didn't complain about the compatility, but the fingerprint reader and identity manager part of Protect Tools doesn't work.

I went back to the Vista versions and they appear to work, but Windows keeps complaining about them.

5. dougpaw57

Just hang on for a couple of more days. It looks like HP is adding updated drivers two or three times a day. Seems like every time I check, there's something new. I have never used any of the Vista drivers with WIndows 7, they don't behave very well.

Now for another subject, does anyone have any idea what the one remaining unidentified "Base System Device" is in the Device Manager? I haven't been able to figure it out and I've Googled most of the device info trying to at least find out who the manufacturer is.

6. EmailGuy

EmailGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been able to identify all the hardware devices under Windows 7. I have an SSD so I hadn't installed the 3D driveGuard software and that installed a driver for the drive sensor. Before that the drive sensor showed up as an unknown device. There are no Windows 7 drivers for the Intel AMT MEI yet. The Intel AMT MEI will show up as a PCI communications controller and a serial port.

If you post the hardware ID for the unknown device, I'll try to figure out what device it is and what driver I'm using.

7. dougpaw57

Device Description:
    Base System Device

Hardware Ids:
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30C8103&REV_12
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30C8103C
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

8. xaueious

xaueious Pen Pal - Newbie

This was the closest thread on the 2710p and Windows 7.

How does Windows 7 work with 1x2GB RAM? I don't foresee the need for 4GB of RAM per say in Windows 7 since it's so much more efficient.

Any ideas?

9. dougpaw57

I think it runs very well with 2GB of RAM, I just wanted to install the 64-bit version and read that 64-bit versions of Windows run better with 4GB of RAM. The machine runs very well, I just wish I knew what the unknown "Base System Device" was. The Windows 7 version of the AMT driver was released and loading that didn't fix the final unknown issue in the device manager.

10. dougpaw57

I figured out what this is, it's a Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller. I inserted an SD card into my PC and it did nothing. That was the first time I tried using the SD card reader. I downloaded sp36762 for Vista Business 64-bit and the unknown device went away and the SD reader works. It would be nice if HP posted a Windows 7 driver.