Windows 7 build 7068.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Kyle Porter, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I though i would inform everyone that 7068 has been leaked to the masses. This topic is to discuss new features and/ or fixes.

DISCLAIMER: Torrents are not to be discussed on this site.

2. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry but this version is not on MSDN AFAIK. The latest date available is still January's beta 7000 release.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

If its not on msdn, then it is being removed from the original post.

4. booone0

booone0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this build and while I much prefer it to running vista, I do have a couple issues. The biggest is that brightness adjustment works...until I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, where pressing the FN+home/end keys controls the on screen display for brightness, but no actual change in brightness occurs. This is the only thing stopping me from running Win7 full time, as it's essential for me to turn it down a couple notches to conserve a little battery and not nuke my eyes!

Changing the power settings (from balanced to power saver) shows the on screen brightness display "changing" but no actual change in brightness. No other method of adjusting brightness (Win+X key, etc) changes brightness.

What is strange is that BEFORE it sleeps, adjusting brightness results only in a change in brightness, but the lenovo on screen display (the green brightness bars) does not appear. After sleep, it does, but no change in brightness occurs.

I'm guessing it's some kind of software conflict, so I'll try removing some lenovo components and see if it makes a change.

Anyone else run into this issue?

5. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I find there's still a lot of flakiness with video on tablets. I may allegedly be running build 7068 and needed to load the latest video drivers to get screen rotation working properly. I do have the dimness function working correctly ( I really like this new feature, this should have been done years ago ) but I have problems resuming from sleep.

I was thinking about trying a newer build, but I think I'll wait for the RC and try messing with the system again. I'm pretty happy with 7068 (allegedly) so I can wait.

6. booone0

booone0 Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as my resume from sleep issues, they resolved with a clean install. I think that when I installed the first time, I threw about 100 drivers at it without thinking, "Do I really need to do this?"

This time around, I'm using it without installing any extra drivers/software (besides MS Office suite and firefox) and slowly introducing new things as necessary.

Lesson: Slow down and use a clean install before you decide to install everything you possibly can!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.