Windows 7 beta tx2500 - bluetooth not functional & some thoughts

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I have Win 7 version 7000 beta.

Bluetooth is recognized on tablet and HP drivers are automatically installed. But pairing never succeeds. I have tried with tmob dash (upgraded 6.1 xda rom) and MS notebook 5000 mouse. Never had the slightest problems in Vista or any other computers with either. Even if you install the Drivers from HP website.

Nice upgrade but just seems like Vista SE. Honestly after hearing all the hype about how great it is, I was expecting a little more wow. It definitely seems more snappy but could be because I don't have all my programs installed. Both OS's are 32bit. Processes are at Windows 7 43 vs 48 for vista with a clean install as well quite a few extra programs. 557 megs for windows 7 vs 660 for vista. This is vista with more than a couple things running. I have Truecrypt, that powersaver taskbar app, and the search running on Vista. Where on Windows 7 I have just installed all the drivers for fingerprint, IR remote, and buttons. If you hack new ati drivers with that notebook driver tool you could probably run them in windows 7. All the vista drivers work the same. I am thinking that is the case because it looks like Vista SP2 with a nicer skin.

The new wonderful taskbar at bottom and totally fixed User account security control are only new features.

Use Gparted if you would like to simply and easily create a new NTFS partition out of your existing one and dual boot. Delete your partition when finished futzing.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

thats from a standstill perspective.

On my 2710p, i have been able to run programs faster, experience better load times, and greater find a greater overall stability over vista. I have been able to run autocad, matlab, and maya smoother in all cases.

It is a clear xp replacement because most companies are still staying with xp for stability, performance, and reliability reasons. These have all been proven to be consistent in windows 7.

3. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else having Bluetooth Win7 issues? I really love using my MS Notebook 5000 mouse when gaming. I really was hoping someone would have a fix. I tried loading the HP vista drivers but that didn't fix anything.

W7 to logon screen 1:07 sec
    w7 to shutdown 25sec

vista to logon screen 1:03 sec
    vista to shut down 34sec

i think from power on to a usable desktop is supposed to be much quicker than Vista. As it won't load as many services that are unnecessary. But I can't really type in my password that efficiently so I'm not going to bother timing it.

I played some guild wars and it seems to be as snappy as in Vista. The same kind of small jitters I experience in vista.

I really didn't notice any big changes that I wouldn't need a benchmark to notice. Something usually has to be 15% faster for a person to notice an increase in speed.

Vista really shouldn't have been released with buggy slow graphics drivers. They weren't acceptable for at least a year. MS should have raised hell with ATI and Nvidia. It wasn't MS fault but you can't take out the GUI so in the end it was their issue to deal with. I was dual booting xp and vista and the GUI was extremly sluggish with Vista. It was very noticable. Vista didn't really seem acceptable to me until SP1. Whereas I enjoyed using XP from day one.

4. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

long time lurker first time poster.

I've been running build 7000 since it was leaked and I can say that I've had no problems with bluetooth. I paired the exact same mouse (MS BT Notebook mouse 5000) with Zero problems.

Have you installed the latest drivers from HP's site. (I didn't but they might work for you)

5. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

A better measurement would be to time it from startup screen to when it first becomes responsive with the same hardware and software starting up. I am up pretty fast to the logon screen but it takes minutes before my HP2525 is responsive and then even longer till it is fully ready to be used.

6. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed the drivers Might have made things worse. It used to see my dash but would fail to pair, now it doesn't see it. I also installed the wacom drivers from hp site and pen was really off.

The notebook sees the mouse and asks to pair with it when I turn the mouse on. I can't not enter a passcode, but online there is no passcode supposedly for the mouse. I have tried 0000, 1111, 00000, 11111. Sometimes 0000 will start to install mouse drivers then it will fail and will not work.

Luthian what did you do? What pair code did you use. What steps did you take.

7. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Pen Pal - Newbie

I have successfully paired with Pocket pc and with my sony cellular, and all that with default bluetooth drivers.

BTW there is an option to connect without a passcode, why don't you use it?

8. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

It didn't ask me for a paring code, I initiated the paring from the mouse (held the button till the red light flashed) then opened the bluetooth console on the PC and it connected.

9. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

It says a device wishes to pair click here. I click on the taskbar message and then it won't allow me to proceed without entering a pairing code.

10. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Open "Add a Device" then once it starts searching, initiate paring from the mouse, it should show up in the Add a device console, click on the mouse and choose connect. It should pair...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.