windows 7 beta on TX2000 Problems

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tlo13, Jan 7, 2009.

1. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

awesome!,
    thanks for the link.

2. tabletpcreviewer

tabletpcreviewer Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone managed to get the horizontal scroll working on the tx2000 series using Windows 7?

3. goyo13

goyo13 Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded the official windows 7 beta from microsoft. I downloaded all the drivers, but there are few things that doesnt work, like :

fingerprint reader.. its give me an error message saying i need to driver recovery disk.

bluetooth.. i install the software but it doesnt look for bluetooth signal.

in vista when i used to have the pen close to the screen, it used to recognize the pen , now it doesnt and it doesnt prioritize the pen .. so i cant write putting my hand on the screen ..

can someone please help me.. thanks

4. stewall

stewall Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to admit that I had none of the trouble you mention.
    The pad scroll movement is active
    The fingerprint logon works fine
    pen and finger touch is just as it should be
    The only thing I note is that switching from portrait to landscape, etc, is a little slow; about 7 seconds. It changes immediately but then the screen goes black for 7 secs, then it works.
    I have been using this beta of Win 7 since it came out. Perhaps the new RC (release date 5/5/09) may do it for you.
    For the few problems I had, which I forget right now, the Action Center solved them all.
    Today, I had some program wipe out my USB functions but a reboot activated Action Center and it reloaded the USB software without asking.
    Sorry I have nothing in the way of help or real suggestions.
    Steve

5. stewall

stewall Pen Pal - Newbie

As an afterthought, you did do a clean install, right.
    I had lots of trouble just going with the upgrade first off.
    I have 'clean-installed' on a TX 2000; Fujitsu 1610, Acer One Aspire (8GB) and an eo7902 Tablet Kiosk UMPC, mostly with no major problems

6. agonza07

agonza07 Pen Pal - Newbie

Running Build 7600 on Win 7 32-bit.

Clean Install. Downloaded ATI drivers and Catalyst Center even though Windows update detected it fine.

Had problems with HP Wacom drivers so I just did another clean install and let the Windows Update take care of the wacom stuff. I had to set the touch tab on "Pen and touch" to "show the touch pointer..." so I can get the mouse silhoutte when touching with my fingers, but the pen also now becomes a cursor instead of a point.

Installed the Authentec driver as mentioned earlier.

Had an unknown driver which the Action Center saw it was the Infared sensor.

Download from Intel /13360/eng/CIR.zip I ran the wizard twice and kept getting a .dll file error, finally I just unzip and ran the DPInst program.

All drivers found and running good. Now just need to figure out about the Quick Launch buttons, I had them running on the first install, but now only the play buttons work and not the screen rotate button, and settings ones...

7. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

8. dpnow.com

dpnow.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Apparently the driver download is only for people who used the HP Windows 7 upgrade. I bought Windows 7 separately and did a clean install although the recovery partition containing Vista is un-touched.

The note implies the drivers are not for me (clean install) - why?

Ian

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

i don't think clean install or upgrade would matter, but i don't see any actual windows 7 drivers for the tx2000 just something for the recovery manager.