Windows 7 beta now available with keys

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by silverz, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

Windows update had all the drivers for tx tx2500z.

But in theory all vista drives will work with windows 7.

2. alan sh

alan sh Scribbler - Standard Member

I installed it on a new partition (go into disk manager and shrink the current volume before you start.)

I also had all the HP drivers downloaded and ready to use.

I installed Vista 64 and most things seemed to work. I then installed the fingerprint driver from HP and the reader program and configured my left thumb to be the main one. All seems OK so far.

The performance figures seem around the same - graphics is faster (I assume a better graphics driver). I haven't noticed much of an improvement in speed - but I haven't loaded any heavy s/w yet (e.g. MS-Office 2007).

Alan

3. silverz

silverz Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah the vista driver work fine. Installed fingerprint reader and youcam. All seem to be working great.

4. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

What I am currently doing is the following: I have 3 partitions for a ~160GB drive. 1) Vista OS (70GB) 2) Win7 OS (20GB for testing purposes) 3)My Files (60GB).

This way I can access my files no matter which OS I am using.

5. timothyb

timothyb Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to install this but I prefer just to put in a new drive and remove the original for safe keeping.

Not many local stores have good prices, but usually there are plenty of sales on protable external harddrives.

I assume if I picked up a 250gig Western Digital Passport for $80, I could remove the 2.5inch drive and put it in the laptop, and put the laptop HDD into the passport case so I can still access it through USB if I need drivers and such.

Unless they make it incredibly difficult to do that with the case.

EDIT: Seems my thoughts were correct. Internal 2.5inch drives always seem to be more expensive that the counterpart external hard drives, as they go on sale all the time, while internal doesn't. I found these instructions on how to remove the HDD:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...remove_the_hard_drive_from.html?page=2&cat=59

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

hey, got 7 up and running fairly well, but curious on what your device manager shows... not sure what I've missed or forgot, but I've got an unknown device, and a ton of entries under the IDE controllers... so, is the proper driver not installed? Under Vista, it shows the proper AMD controller, and only 2 entries.

[​IMG]

Also, what gpu drivers are you running? I installed the ATI Windows 7 preview drivers from the AMD site... are Microsofts' better? Thanks!

7. alan sh

Mine looks like this. Only one unknown device. I let Windows 7 (64 bit) install all it could and all I added was the fingerprint driver & app and the HP buttons - all from the HP web site.

Ahh - slight issue, the eraser on the end of the pen is seen as another pen. So, the drivers aren't quite there yet...

Alan

Attached Files:

8. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

After a few windows updates the Pen Calibration uses 4 points instead of the 16 points it had at the fresh install.

Anyone know how I can use 16 points for a more accurate calibration?

9. alan sh

I've never known it to use more than 4 points. How did you get that?

Alan

10. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm, mine uses 16 points, as opposed to the 4 that Vista used.... not sure why it would change, unless it's driver related I guess... I'm only using drivers that it found during the install or windows update, ie, none I installed or updated myself