Windows 7 beta as full time OS ????

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by zenmeta4, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry I meant with a sucessful OS to replace vista

2. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

Where can I find that report?

3. mingdizzle

mingdizzle Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I meant the battery efficiency report mentioned in the quote. I can't find it anywhere in Windows 7 or online. Any idea what the deal is (pics please)?

5. kirilltch

kirilltch Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows 7 beta (7000 or higher) is actually quite good. To tell you the truth, i have been using it for almost a month and it runs a lot better than vista does. First it is a lot quicker, almost like running xp with the eyecandy of vista. Second, all the updates work, you can download all the normal updates that are there for vista. Third, all the drivers/programs work no prop, just make sure they run in vista, than they will run in 7.
    I use windows 7 as a main operating system, and i use my laptop for my college in informatics, which means that i constantly install new complex tools needed for programming, and so far everything just works!
    And as last, to my suprise, after installing vista for the for the first time i had a problem getting the passive digitizer to work, and after installing windows 7 i didn't even have to install anything, it found all the right drivers threw windows update and installed them, and the bloody thing just worked by itself.

ps.: you do need windows 7 build 7000 or higher of the beta, because all the other ones were corrupt/experimental. The 7000 build is most likly(in my opinion) a release candidate.

6. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member