Windows 7 and tablet pc display functionality

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kazmi, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazmi

kazmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I seem to be having issues with getting the auto rotate and the panel buttons to work...I even called up Fujitsu and they told me to download and install the "button" drivers, which I did and rebooted. But I am still unable to use the native t5010 features of auto rotate and the buttons....can someone help point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

2. kazmi

kazmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have any ideas maybe? I'm willing to be the guinea pig if need be! :)

3. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Following installation of Win7 in my T5010, neither the buttons nor the autorotation worked. What I did, and worked very well, was to then insert the Vista Drivers Recovery Disk. Originally, Win7 would not allow this disk to run but offered to run it under compatibility mode. The disk discovered a number of drivers missing and highlighted them. After completing the installation of the missing drivers (and some that I would not have guessed that they were missing), Win7 rebooted and button functionality worked. Autorotation did not. For autorotation to work, I had to download the latest Intel driver for the Integrated Graphics. This enable autorotation fully as well as an Intel utility that regulated autorotation and other elements of the display.

4. kazmi

kazmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the detailed response. Could you please point me to the intel driver that you downloaded or from where? I have been looking but to no avail.

5. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

This is easy. Intel has a number of Win7 drivers for the Integrated Graphics. For the type of Integratic Graphics chipset that you have, just check your Device Manager. Go to the Intel site and download the appropriate Win7 driver.

6. kazmi

kazmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I tried all of that and still doesnt work....any other suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.