Windows 7 and T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gldenina, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gldenina

gldenina Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all

I have been having issues with Windows 7. I was able to install it without any problems. I was also able to install all the drivers from the CD using compatibility mode. But I am having problems with Windows7.

The most frequent problem is that the loss of hard drive activity regardless of how long i've been on the computer. I could still click start and minimize application but when I try to open any program or shutdown windows, it would just hang. No bluescreen, keyboard still responds and i can see that i can still enable/disable capslock, etc..but not launch any other program.

Another one is that when I try to login, it would freeze on windows login. I could see that there are still hard drive activity. I waited hours trying to see if something will eventually works, but it didnt.

For the past 2 weeks, I have reinstalled windows 7 more than 10 times and im still having the same issues.

Of note, I install the drivers first then install windows update. I've also tried installing updates and then selective drivers from the CD and still have the same problems. Now Im running window 7 without and updates and not driver installation but Im still having occasional freezing.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Big mistake. My update also ended up being highly problematic to the degree that I had to do a clean install. After a clean install, the system is as steady as a rock. Forget the upgrade, just do a clean (custom) installation. It will take care of all the issues that you have now.

In any case, for both beta and RC, Microsoft strongly recommended clean installs. I suggest that you may want to go down this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.