Windows 7 64-bit won't shut down on 2710P

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dougpaw57, Sep 12, 2009.

1. dougpaw57

dougpaw57 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a 2710P (KS009UT#ABA) that has the L7700 processor and 4GB of RAM. I installed the 64-bit version of Windows 7 RC and everything was working great with the exception of the two "unknown devices" in the device manager that nobody seems to be able to get rid of. The screen wouldn't rotate without installing the HP Quick Launch Buttons. I downloaded the 64-bit Vista driver (6.40.17.2) and that fixed the screen rotation problem. I now have another problem since that install. Normally when I shut down the PC I get the "logging off" and then "shutting down" messages before it turns off. Since the HP Buttons install I get a "please wait" message and it just sits there and never shuts off. I have to force a shutdown using the power button. I uninstalled the HP Buttons driver but it still doesn't shut down. So, anyone see this behavior and have a fix? Am i using the wrong HP Quick Launch Buttons driver? I'm getting ready to do a complete wipe and start over. I'll sure be glad when Windows 7 is released and some of the drivers will be available for download (word straight from HP tech support).

2. dougpaw57

dougpaw57 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I gave up and blitzed the hard drive and started over. No more problems as the only Vista driver I used this time was the HP Quick Launch Buttons, everything else is off-the-shelf Windows 7.