Windows 10 won't let me sign in

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by taobatbai, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taobatbai

taobatbai Pen Pal - Newbie

I updated my PC last night and when it was over, I shut it down. This morning, when I woke up and started it, I tried entering my PIN and it told me that it was incorrect. I tried entering my MS password, which I know it's correct, and it told me the same thing. Now I can't log in on my computer. What can I do? o_O

2. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

This is what kills Windows 10 for me. If you go to MS community forum, you can find out there are a lot of people in the same situation, being locked out of their working machine because of this nightmare bug.

All my three machines are destroyed by Windows 10, i.e. the only solution is to wipe disk and reinstall Windows. You might use hack tools if your drive is not encrypted or if you have the encryption key, or if you have Internet (in case MS issues a hot fix), or if you have another admin account that you can sign in. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

I have been through a week of turmoil because of this issue. If MS continues this irresponsible path, it's doomed. I feel like an experiment object conducted of MS' grand Windows 10 beta-testing. Where does the decades of stability of Windows go?

3. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, sounds like I dodged a bullet with my two installs. On each machine, created a new admin account without password to do the install on. Learned to do this from the 8.1 update fiasco where 8.1 took over my admin account with a MS account. I don't need every machine on a Microsoft account and synced to OneDrive.

Actually was pleased the Windows 10 installed without requiring a Microsoft Account. Even thought I was being overly paranoid by installing on a new admin account. Now based on your experience, sounds like it was prudent to avoid bricking the machine.

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

More then 18.000.000 people already updated to W10 and a handfull have this problem.
    While it is a catastrophe this happens to someone, to say this is the norm stretches it a little bit.

What did you do out of the ordinary to your W8.1?
    Any security software, any fancy anti xyz tools?

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I suspect that your NSA-curated rootkit is not compatible with Windows 10 yet. Hopefully our tax dollars will be used to debug it asap! :D / :(

6. SloJoCrow

SloJoCrow Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem: I installed Windows 10 on my desktop...no problems. However, when I installed W10 on my Lenovo laptop, it wouldn't accept my password or pin, and kept instructing me to go to account.live to change my password. I did that and STILL it wouldn't allow me to sign in...kept saying stuff like " you are offline".
    Called Microsoft computer support...they were on a 1 1/2 hour wait time, they called back over 4 hours later: Here is the fix, and it worked for me:
    1. Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on RESTART from the power option on the bottom right corner of screen.
    2. Menus should pop up for System Restore options .... go to ADVANCED options.
    3. Go to SEE MORE RECOVERY OPTIONS until you see this and ONLY THIS: Restore Previous Build .... click on that.
    4. Make sure your device is plugged in and mine took over 3 hours...kept saying "RESTARTING" with the circle spinning dots
    5. Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back....Hey Mr. Kotter!!!! You should be back to 8.1 or whatever....
    6. I went ahead and installed W10 again a second time with NO ISSUES....YAY !! Life is good again!
    Hope this helps you and have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.