Windows 10 Updates Bringing Problems?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ed Hardy, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Did not know that, thought it was an approach to writing about tech for the rest.

Balbutio ergo sum

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Personally, I like the idea of a columnist approaching matters from a low-tech perspective--that of the normal user. One simply should not have to be a tech. engineer to have a computer work correctly--really?

I do find it amusingly shocking that Ms. Foley uses Notepad--and not even Wordpad--as her word processor. Again, really?

3. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

4. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

what a disaster automatic updates is with windows 10. one of my two windows 10 machines was mysteriously on. i hadn't touched it in several weeks. apparently the operating system had started the machine on its own and been downloading updates. it was frozen and needed to be hard reset, then it took it probably 10 minutes to go through updates and reboots. How can I trust a machine that when I go to use it I have no guarentee it would even work. what if I was trying to get to the airport and need to print my boarding pass... then this! this is beyond broke. please, please, please give us the option to turn off automatic updates. lucky for me this is a computer I never use, but with windows 10 it can't be trusted to work when needed. all my other machines will NOT see the light of Windows 10 any time soon.

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

My win 7 got recent microsoft updates that seems my unit is running even it is off.. I notice it from battery level...

6. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.