Windows 10 on HP TouchSmart TM2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by elintripido, Jun 4, 2015.

1. elintripido

elintripido Pen Pal - Newbie

The official Windows 10 will be released in July 29, but many "insiders" are already trying it. Has anyone experienced it on the TouchSmart TM2? Any feedback, or ideas? Share them here!

Jenny_ likes this.
  2. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been wondering the same thing myself! I have 2 tm2's, one running Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. I also have a tm2t running Windows 7. That free upgrade is just next month. As it is, the HP site does not provide drivers for Windows 8, but everything is working well on it. But not so certain how that would work with Windows 10. Anyone brave enough to try it out and report back?

3. elintripido

elintripido Pen Pal - Newbie

I just found out that there is a Fb group devoted to W10 on the TM2. Many of the posts are in Italian, but the automatic translation kind of helps you get an idea, it seems that it works pretty well, as soon as your don't use the graphic card, of course...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/610284739017786/

4. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info!
    I'll check it out :)

5. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, do you know of any groups or forums dedicated to tm2 users?

6. cr08

cr08 Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually updated mine (TM2T-2200) recently. Did a clean Win7 install, installed all HP's official drivers including video card, only did what WU's were requested to run the TP installer and did an upgrade straight to 10. Here's a report so far:

Shockingly WU offers a beta set of AMD drivers that work just fine as far as I can tell barring some minor glitches (screen blanking or resuming from standby causes the driver to crash and reload). The updated driver brings the more modern switching algorithm to us that is application based and not a global only AMD/Intel switch. Though the more I play with it the more some of AMD's 'decisions' make me want to go back to the old method. Like Chrome being locked to Intel with no ability to change to run on AMD. TL;DR: Currently running a driver version dated 6/2/2015 version 15.200.x

Bluetooth seems to work. At the very least it scans and finds other devices and I was able to interact with my phone a few times. Seem to have a few bugs I can't attribute to something I did or being a TM2T/Win10 incompatibility somewhere. Audio didn't work from my phone to the PC. And my bluetooth mouse while paired has no driver in windows to install. A simple HID driver, missing. So that mouse pairs, but doesn't function.

Another hitch I have ran into that I hope is fixed in future builds or maybe once again it is my specific case: Running on build 10130 right now and attempted to upgrade into 10162. Freezes once it gets all the way up the the 'Configuring Settings' stage with that at 38-40% and the overall at IIRC 74% or thereabouts. Upon force rebooting though it reverts back to 10130 just fine.

Fingerprint reader works just fine using the same WBF driver available for Win8 and registers as a 'Hello' login service.

Wacom works just fine as well and seems to have a suitable default driver that allows both the pen and touch to properly function with all available features (Mind you I haven't gotten PS installed yet to test pressure sensitivity). In fact on Win8 the touch side was extremely delayed in registering if not used in a while or switching from pen input. That lag seems completely gone now. Touch inputs register right away and accurately.

Side note: Anyone able to access our drivers from HP's site? Seems at least on my end they dropped the entire listing of drivers off the site. Only way I was able to get them was having a copy of all the drivers saved previously in another location.

7. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

You should post this on the Facebook group. Lots of people there have shared their experiences. Quite interesting:

8. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

I am also interested in this, I have the 1st Gen TM2. Just updated another tablet to build 10240, but waiting for tm2.

9. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Jonpet. You should definitely check out the Facebook group then. Quite a number of people have shared their Windows 10 experiences.

Attached Files:

10. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

well, I installed win 10 10240 on the 1 gen tm2 1080 with ati 4550.

one problem... the laptop screen is just grey\black...

I have teamviewer installed so managed to do a remote desktop to finish installation. In remote desktop things look fine, but the display is just greyish.