Windows 10 on ep121?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Decatro, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Titi66200

Titi66200 Pen Pal - Newbie

pinch/zoom working ?

2. Washington Junior

Washington Junior Pen Pal - Newbie

It works on Google Chrome and Windows Explorer, but it doesn't seem to work on the Photos app. I really don't use the touch much.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I just installed spybot beacon...to get rid of MS spying bonets.

4. knightwrangler

knightwrangler Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everybody,

Long time no post here but am still rocking' with Asus EP 121 tablet !
    I'm now thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 from (8.1) so I can keep it for a few more years.
    All I'm wondering would this make a good general improvement to this incredible tablet?

From the posts I've read it seems that touch functioning is all that is limiting on the device?
    I never really use touch, just use the stylus, BT keyboard and BT mouse anyway.

Please let me know how you've made out. I'm itching on the upgrade but would like your input.

Thks in advance

5. TheDrake

TheDrake Pen Pal - Newbie

You can update and go back if you're not convinced.

6. knightwrangler

Your answer didn't answer my question. I wanted to more about USER EXPERIENCE with the Asus EP 121 and Windows 10.
    I already know that I can go back if needed.

7. TheDrake

TheDrake Pen Pal - Newbie

To me the experience is pretty much the same, throttlestop works, touchguard works, I had to update wacom drivers to fix palm rejection and reinstall the g-sensor after a full reset which gave me about 43gb free.
    The only downside is that I can't pinch zoom on metro apps.
    Videos are smoother but it could just be that I had an older driver before.

8. fxbelloir

fxbelloir Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello there,

I finally decided to take the plunge and upgraded my EP121 Yesterday to Windows 10 (over 7, not a fresh install, with all the latest drivers)
    The upgrade process went really well.
    I was missing G-Sensor and SD card reader drivers. Took the ones available for W8 from ASUS.

After a couple of hours, my comments:
    - W10 is occupying less room on the SSD
    - I feel the overall system to be a bit less snappier than before
    - Microphone not working, but recognized (strange, nobody reported this one). Re-installed Realtek drivers w/ no success.
    - strange cursor (vertical up down arrow ↕) when pointing at Windows menu and within Metro tiles - I think I have installed the right driver (followed guidelines from this forum) but I have strange entries in the Device Manager, such as EETI along with Digitizer HID, Touch HID, ...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  9. knightwrangler

Thanks for the info !
    Thank you as well, I think I am going to take the plunge this weekend and do an upgrade over a previous Windows 8.1 install. Normally I would wipe the SSD and start fresh but I think by going this way I can retain all of the drivers from Windows 8.1 and they should all just work with Windows 10.
    I'll post my comments once I've had some time to play around with the new operating system.

10. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    despite its age I still use my EP121 quite often. It is running on Win 8.1 and since day one of Win 10 I subscribed to this thread. I have a desktop PC run on Win 10 and my trusted Vivotab Note8 is too. I always liked Win 8.1 but it is strange when I change back and forth between the systems. So I am thinking about upgrading my EP121 to Win10 too. Actually I am not sure if the absence of pinch & zoom is a dealbreaker.
    I would like to use the mobile apps of MS Office and save precious space on the SSD. But without pinch & zoom this wouldn't work, would it?

What is your opinion? Should I upgrade, or should I wait?

Thanks!
    Kai