Windows 10 on ep121?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Decatro, Oct 7, 2014.

1. TheDrake

TheDrake Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it was around 37gb of free space right after the update.

After a full reset, the update to threshold 2 and cleaning system files I now have 47gb free.

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Thank you Drake...
    Great...I only have 6 g left on my win 7....this could be the reason move me to to win 10 eventually or buy a new ssd.

3. hgkamath

hgkamath Pen Pal - Newbie

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...rks-not-working-with-win10.67214/#post-445646
    There's a lot of driver and troubleshooting information in the "Software's that works/not working with Win10" Thread. The post has been continually edited since its first posting.

It's a good idea to download and keep the installation files for the working drivers locally on disk, particularly the wireless drivers as they are needed for connectivity before upgrading.

The driver stability was like a house of cards at first but they seem to be stabilizing in recent weeks. I am yet to apply the win10 november 1511 upgrade.

4. sweetman

sweetman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    yes it's a good troubleshooter.
    There is only a problem remaining: pinch/zoom not working in modern apps (edge, reader, adobe reader...). I'm desperately trying to find a solution to this problem.
    It' the very last problem but it's difficult to solve without asus/microsoft help.
    With this problem fixed the b121/ep121 would be a perfect windows 10 machine.
    Is there someone that can contact an asus representative?
    ciao

tony

5. CF77

There is Win 10 forum from MS...
    ASUS will likely to ignore users...but yes, they have feedback site.

6. CF77

Anyone with win 10 on ep121 still have issues?

7. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got 2x ep121 running Windows 10 (one was mine and I later got one for my lad), I no longer use either of them as a daily driver, but I invested in 128gb sd card for each of them gives me loads of room.

128gb sd cards have come down a lot in price too!

8. CF77

so both works well with Win 10?

9. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

Both work 100% perfectly! But I don't use either as a daily driver, one is now used for video playback and casting to my TV and the other one is used for the same but to a Chromecast. So not heavy use. Both will do HD video with ease streamed over WiFi and works perfectly.

10. Washington Junior

Washington Junior Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is working flawlessly, even after 10586 Update. Just remember to deactivate the "Turn off this device" for Bluetooth/USB ports in Device Manager, if you have issues with Bluetooth devices, and use the Touch driver on the first page, if needed.