Windows 10 News & Reviews

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Steve S, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I am not. I turned off insider preview after I got my last replacement device. Haven't had any issues yet, other than I had get some kb update just to get 1909 to properly install. Took about half a day and even made a post here asking about if anyone else has this issue. BTW I am running it on my SP5.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

3. Steve S

Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Great, only one more feature update remaining for us to get the ability to type to Cortana again. :mad:

Don't mind me, I'm just frustrated that the fools took away that very useful option. They certainly achieved the goal of clarifying the distinction between Search and Cortana. Cortana is the one I no longer use. :p

Marty likes this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Speaking of incredibly useful features removed in 1903, is nobody riled that they removed Sketchpad from the Windows Ink Workspace? :mad:

That was my go-to quick sketcher! Nice, focused, elegant UI:

[​IMG]

Replaced by this clunky, not-quite-OneNote thing:

[​IMG]

No single-click clear canvas and compact toolbar removed. Instead, you get forced 'login' account nonsense barging into the upper right UI. Gahh, Microsoft!

ok, morning MS rage out of the way... :)

6. Steve S

7. Steve S

19H2 (November 2019) update:

https://www.onmsft.com/feature/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-windows-10-november-2019-update

(Courtesy of OnMSFT site)

• Note these new features: "...A fix to allow OEMs to reduce the inking latency based on the hardware capabilities of their devices rather than being stuck with latency selected on typical hardware configuration by the OS..."
    • And: "...A CPU may have multiple “favored” cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class). To provide better performance and reliability, we have implemented a rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores..."

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I mean I like Whiteboard a lot. But they're two different uses. Nobody would want to do serious drawing in it. But for sketching out stuff in meetings and organizing temporary thoughts, it's great. (I just wish it had a real export to OneNote function to preserve everything forever, rather than just exporting a PNG). But making it replace Sketchpad is dumb.

WillAdams likes this.
  9. Steve S

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Had a high CPU usage and constantly humming fan on my SB. Task manager reported the Intel system usage report as the culprit (80-100% usage with 3 instances running at the same time). Closed the one causing the problem and the humming fan went quiet, but I had to problem rebooting. The system reported am error and I had to do a forced reset (reboot?).
    My question is how important is the Intel system usage report? Should I not be messing with it? After restart, the system's been very quiet.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk