Windows 10 News & Reviews

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Steve S, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. Whelman

Whelman Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

thierryb likes this.
  4. gbwhatsappapk

gbwhatsappapk Pen Pal - Newbie

Speaking of OneDrive annoyances, any synced file/folder has to be stored locally. If you happen to have a lot of things stored online you'll have to be very selective with what you sync in Windows 10's Onedrive software especially if you're running the OS on a tablet.

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you sure ? I think since the previous update, it is not the case any more. You can see your file even if they are not on your drive, and they are downloaded only on demand, except if you ask onedrive to have alias them with you.
    In the new/next release, storage sense can even remove on your drive automatically temporarily downloaded files.

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Only about one in three messages appear on the PC using Your Phone. It notifies you of each message but the body of the message is absent. Anybody else have this issue?

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I am adopting my usual practice of waiting for lots of user reports and "professional" reports of 1809 (October Update) before installing it. I did just notice this article , which states that some are reporting that user files are disappearing, randomly. The article states that the Insiders had been reporting the issue so if these reports are accurate, they've made the update a general release without fixing a rather critical bug.

Beware, they're not only mean, selfish and even weirdly dumb at times, but they're a bit dangerous! :vbeek:

EDIT: I was just checking to make sure my link was working to the article in Slashgear about user files disappearing and in verifying that it is working, I also found an unfortunate typo in the article; in the last sentence of the first paragraph it reads:

"some users are not [bold, underlining, italics mine - in the article it just says "not" when it clearly means to say "now"] claiming that files in their Documents and Pictures folders are disappearing after upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version."

I always find it especially ironic when the reporting of one error is compounded by an erroneous report! Still, I for one am going to hold off "upgrading" to October Edition 1809 for a few weeks and make sure that it has a clean bill of health. Reports by brave users would be appreciated. Jeff

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    DRTigerlilly likes this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You know, I was totally going to throw caution to the wind and update on day 1, but my X1 Yoga 3 refuses to acknowledge that an update exists. Perhaps it's for the better!

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

I'm not seeing the update on my Surface Pro 4, even though every other PC in the house sees it...?!??

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Updated both my SB and GB10 as well as my wife's SP3. All running without much problems for now. Only thing I noticed was that my reading list in the edge browser on the GB is gone. Haven't checked on the SB, I hope it's there, or I'm gonna be really mad.

By the way, I'm not seeing any of the new features (hub or home) of the updated Sticky Notes app. Only the icon changed in the store with a list of the new features, but nothing. Anyone got it so far?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

lovelaptops likes this.