Windows 10 News & Reviews

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Steve S, Jul 28, 2015.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What's the state of stylus behavior after this latest update?

If they can pull their act together, (you know, like allow pens to actually draw in art programs by default rather than just pan around, -and not require a back channel hack to restore traditional functionality), I wouldn't mind updating.

-Somebody reported that the Windows Ink performance issues I have been experiencing, (line fidelity) were addressed and solved in versions of Win 10 which came after the version I'm currently on. (Version 1703, Build 15063.0). I'm curious to see if this is true.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

I've done a clean install with 1709, hoping to fix some of the slowness issues I've been facing. My Surface still feels sluggish - especially when I open a new app, my mouse slows to a crawl, only to then speed up again once the app is loaded. Is that normal? I also regularly get very slow typing speeds in, for example, text boxes like this one, or the Facebook chat box.

I've just fired up Windows Update and it found 1803, so let's see if that works now.

3. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

Just installed 1803 without a hitch. So, that works now. Still sluggish though. :(

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Still sluggish though...>>

...Give it a day or two. If this is a fresh install, the OS will be indexing in the background for a bit...

5. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

I specifically turned off that feature, that can't be it. Unless the update has reactivated it again.

6. Steve S

7. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am not surprised. The real question is why it is not 100%.
    I was also surprised, based on all the feedbacks I gave them as a member of the insider program, that they did not postponed the release.
    And I am always surprised that they have not already solved all the issues I have declared concerning the tablet input panel and pen input using the TIP.

8. Steve S

<<...I am always surprised that they have not already solved all the issues I have declared concerning the tablet input panel and pen input using the TIP...>>

...I have to agree with you on this. Considering how central pen input is to Microsoft's identity, you'd think the TIP UX would be ultra-polished. Instead, Win10 seems to be going backward relative to the UX of Win8...!