Windows 10 in 2760p

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by radpilot, Jul 8, 2015.

1. radpilot

radpilot Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem so far. All running well.:)

2. Nicholas8681

Nicholas8681 Scribbler - Standard Member

Is Cortana working well? The HEEEEEY Cortana?

3. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, got forced into 10 by update back in October-and no ability to go back to Win 7. But after playing around I found it as good as 7 except for OSK- still like 7 OSK better. Then had problems making boot or recovery devices until Threshold. Now I have image and bootable option. OSK still sucks, but with Threshold my pen got fixed so when I come out of sleep it is not jittery or starting multiple instances. So overall... pleased with 10.

4. nickap

nickap Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got a refurbished 2760p and upgraded from 7 Home Premium to 10. I like it a lot - both the operating system and the computer. I just have a few small issues, one of which is related to display rotation. With the original OS, when I turned the screen to convert to tablet mode, the display would automatically flip 180 degrees. This stopped working with the WIndows 10 upgrade - I had to use the Ctrl+Alt+arrow keys to flip manually. Then I updated the bios, from (I think) F47 to F61 - suddenly the automatic screen rotation is working again, as are the buttons on the rear of the rotated screen to rotate manually. So this is all great - there's just one thing that's a pain. Now, instead of rotating 180 degrees, the display only rotates 90 degrees. I have to manually hit the rotation button to turn it the rest of the way. I found an article (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...efault-to-180-landscape-in-tablet-mode.45894/) that seemed to suggest changing a registry setting might fix this - I found the registry setting and made the change, but nothing happened - I still have just the 90 degree rotation. I didn't try downgrading the Quick Launch Button driver as the article suggested; it's an old article and the driver version they recommend is not Windows 10 compatible. But it would be really nice to have the display rotating the full 180 degrees, if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

5. radpilot

On mine it also turns into portrait mode . I think I could specify how it rotated in an HP app when I was on win 7 but I am not 100% sure and I can't find the app now that I'm on win 10. No big deal for me though.

6. nickap

nickap Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an option under Control Panel > Tablet PC Settings > Go to Orientation > Orientation Sequence Settings that I thought might do it, but making changes there doesn't seem to have any effect either.

7. radpilot

Go to control panel and search for "tablet screen rotation" . It's an HP app that has some settings that may help you.

8. radpilot

Go to control panel and search for "tablet screen rotation" . It's an HP app that have some settings that may help you.

9. radpilot

Go to control panel and search for "tablet screen rotation . It's an HP app that has some settings that may help you.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Latest Creators Update works fine, BTW. :)