Windows 10 in 2760p

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by radpilot, Jul 8, 2015.

1. radpilot

radpilot Pen Pal - Newbie

As windows 10 release is close I think we should share our thoughts and experiences.
    Has anyone tried windows 10 yet?
    I certainly will do in the near future.

2. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Great!-I wondered if any Pen tablet users were looking into it. I had 8 and 8.1 and was not happy with Pen performance. l have signed up for Win 10 but waiting to see how it compares to 7 which I have gone back to for functionality. I was running TM 2 but went with HP 2760- amazed that no one is making these anymore or any replacement. What is fun is I have Note4 and the Stylus is interchangeable, so I can use phone stylus on tablet a tablet stylus on Phone. Also bought a Bamboo feel 300U which works on both!
    Hope more hope on this topic!

3. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

4. radpilot

Today is the big release of Win 10. It seems though that Microsoft is working with HP to make our experience better.
    This is what the "get win 10" app in win 7 shows today.
    win10.JPG

5. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, saw that, also it has already downloaded to my machine. C:\$Windows.~BT. U is a hidden file about 2 gigs.

6. 2.0™

Please report back when you do update to it.

7. Nicholas8681

Nicholas8681 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes! Please report back when you do attempt to update it.

8. 2.0™

A fellow moderator on Notebookreview let me know that he did it on his 2760P and is experiencing no issues. Pen works fine, though he's using Win10's built in Wacom driver. I'm sure the Wacom Feel drivers will work too.

I might get around to installing it on my 2760p next weekend if time permits.

9. radpilot

Finally windows 10 is up and running. The experience so far is almost perfect! But to get there I had to try different things.
    In the beginning I just upgraded from my 3 year old Win 7 installation (I had to uninstall first all the HP protect tools applications). The upgrade went well and all drivers were installed but fingerprint sensor didn't work. But I found the solution after I saw this discussion
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/8fa97e7a-bc4e-4256-81a5-48e01642ad0a?auth=1
    After that I wanted to try a clean installation. So I downloaded the media creation tool and performed a clean installation from a usb stick. A lot of drivers were not installed and I had to download the win 8.1 drivers from the HP site. But the worst thing was that Bluetooth disappeared from the device manager and I couldn't turn on WWAN because HP connection manager could not be installed in any way. So I did a restore win 7 installation and reverted back to win 7. Then I turned on all radios before doing again an win 10 upgrade. Hp connection manager migrated to win 10 and is running and everything looks good so far.

2.0™ likes this.
  10. 2.0™

Nicely done.

I decide to stick with Win7 for now. I have Win 10 on another HP tablet (Elitepad 1000 G2). But it's good to know that when I'm ready, things will go well. Now that there are 2 confirmed cases of Win 10 on the 2760p. :)