Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Review: Great for Work and Home

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Ed Hardy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

Microsoft took the name “Creators Update” seriously. While there are definitely features in the Win10FCU that business professionals will like, especially OneDrive Files On-Demand, many of the changes benefit consumers who want to have fun with their Windows computer, including Story Remix and the Magic Select Tool. There’s also some enhancements for PCs with touchscreens and active pens.

Read the full content of this Article: http://www.tabletpcreview.com/feature/windows-10-fall-creators-update-review-great-for-work-and-home/

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

provided it doesn't make your device freeze, kill your pen or keyboard, or make the pen behave erratically?

efjay likes this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And one has a stylus w/ a button so as to make the burlesque of pressing a button so as to select text in a scrolling text context possible, or one can do w/o selecting text.

4. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I tested the Win10FCU on a Surface Pro 2 with the idea that a four-year-old device would be more likely to experience problems. I used the SP2 as my primary work computer for weeks during the course of the review and I never ran into any issues. No crashes, keyboard or pen problems, nada. I realize that's just one person's experience, but that's what I based the review on.

The Win10FCU has been a pleasant contrast to iOS 11, which has been something of a hassle.

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

The only thing that I've run into is that the trackpad and trackpoint occasionally are completely inoperable after waking this system. As in: no mouse pointer to be seen anywhere, no items highlighting to show that an invisible pointer is floating around. A reboot fixes this. It has only happened three times, but I don't recall this ever happening before the FCU. Otherwise a solid if somewhat uninspiring update.

Ed Hardy likes this.