Windows 10 creators update on ep121/b121?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by sweetman, Apr 11, 2017.

1. sweetman

sweetman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    has anyone updated windows 10 to creators update?
    Is there something good for asus ep121/b121 users?
    TIA
    tony

2. Decatro

Decatro Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I'm going to give it a try today. Hopefully we'll get the most out of our old and trusty 2012 tablet :)

3. Aiffe

Aiffe Pen Pal - Newbie

I did this a couple days ago. It does run, but several things about it are annoying. It changes some of your drivers: I had an older version of the Wacom driver running because it was giving me better options + calibration than the newer version, and it force-updated that, though I did roll it back. I had some custom saved calibration files to work with different pens, and I can't get any of them to work so I might have to make new ones. The other thing is that it really messed with my bluetooth badly. Right after the update, it would disconnect my bluetooth keyboard every time I switched applications/windows. I would click on the bluetooth icon and it would reconnect, but it seriously did this every time. In frustration, I reinstalled the bluetooth drivers, which fixed that problem but now bluetooth fails in device manager and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled every time I wake it from sleep mode. I'm still working on this problem, and wondering if upgrading was a good idea.

Other than that, it runs smoothly, and I think boot might be faster. There's very little noticeable difference between this and the Win10 I had running before other than what I already mentioned.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  4. Aiffe

Aiffe Pen Pal - Newbie

I fixed the Bluetooth problem. Just needed the driver updated to 10.0.1.11, as found here: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ar3011

With that, I consider this to be effectively running smoothly. Might tweak it a bit more, but I feel safe in deleting the old OS now. It seems to be handling it fine. Not bad for a lil Win7 tablet.