Windows 10 Creators Update: New Features, New Problems

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Administrator, Apr 13, 2017.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Creators Update this week that includes several new features that will improve the overall user experience. Unfortunately, the Creators Update also creates new concerns; ranging from changes to your privacy settings, changes to your default applications, and the fact that Microsoft will now collect a wide range of information that may include personally identifiable data.

Read the full content of this Article: http://www.tabletpcreview.com/feature/windows-10-creators-update-new-features-new-problems/

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Nice article. I just spent a couple of minutes disabling OneDrive in Group Policy and the registry again even though I've disabled it before the upgrade. Had to re-apply all my other privacy settings as well, disable Cortana, and disable Windows Defender telemetry, what a hassle. Microsoft is integrating more and more "cloud" features into the OS and it's getting harder and harder to disable.

I want Windows 10 Pro Offline Edition, where the OS never contacts Microsoft without an explicit user request.

3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member

+1 for that idea.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. jmthomas

jmthomas Pen Pal - Newbie

I am close to just dumping MS entirely and loading Linux on all my devices. May keep one install for gaming, but even then I don't do that much anymore.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

dellaster likes this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I will say this for the latest upgrade, and this is probably after another few small stealthy upgrades too. Microsoft has finally got a multi monitor setup over the Surface Dock to work really well. The three external screens just turns on in a snap after signing in. Kudos to the programmers that solved that mess. A good piece of productive goal oriented programming.

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Meanwhile I now regularly reboot to get my mouse cursor back on my TPY12, or to get pinch zoom back on my SP4, and continue to waste time trying to install the FCU on a Miix 700. Otherwise great update! :)

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Since the update windows hello & the pen fail to work when the device resumes from sleep.

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Huh, I haven't seen that. I fear that you are in the Bermuda Triangle for tech related issues.. My commiserations!

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

common problem by users on the Surface Board at reddit. I was all happy that I'd escaped the update unscathed....no such luck...