Windows 10 Annoyances

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PGross, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Cintiq Companion 2, and everything works ok. A pretty underwhelming upgrade so far. But I have two really annoying issues that I can't find any help for so far.
    First, I like to switch between power plans to mitigate the fan noise on the CC2, but in Windows 10, the power plan options no longer show up in the battery meter icon along the bottom of the screen. Best I can get is to right click the icon and then click an option to bring up the power plans. It was a lot more convenient before.

And worse, any time you click with pen in a text entry area, it brings up the handwriting input panel. I want the default to be one of the touch keyboards. You get the touch keyboard if you finger touch in the text entry field, but always the handwriting panel if you use the stylus. I can't find any way to change the default. I find the handwriting option slow and clumsy and don't want to be stuck with it! If anyone knows a way to change it, I'll be forever grateful.

Can't stand how every OS seems to become less customizable than the ones before it.

Issac_Z likes this.
  2. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

+1 on the handwriting input panel, totally waste of time

I can already list dozens of issues of Windows 10 after a few days usage. The OS is already the worst OS release in my mind. Worst of all, it locks me out of my three machines because it does not accept my password. I am debating whether to roll back to Windows 8.

3. Issac_Z

Issac_Z Pen Pal - Newbie

There are some issues indeed, but I do think the Microsoft Edge is a great leap from IE.

4. madmarcus

madmarcus Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't mind the handwriting panel as I rather like pen input. Its not as good as earlier TIP panels but its functional.

My problem is that I like using the pen as a mouse substitute in desktop mode. To do that effectively I need a keyboard with a small footprint (ie the OSK not the touch keyboard) that can be docked instead of floating over whatever other program I am running.

Floating is fine for some quick uses but I really want to be able to dock the OSK to the bottom of the screen and hit full screen on my browser without having to manually resize or worrying about hiding stuff (like reply buttons!) behind the keyboard.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

... lost my pen cursor priority over touch !!! WTF!!!
    Anyone similar ?

soh5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.