Windows 10 and Drawing Function

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MisterBojangles88, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterBojangles88

MisterBojangles88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey All!

I'm curious to see if anyone else here is into drawing on their tablet with the new windows 10. So far the responsiveness and quality of the pen and digitizer's function are fantastic! However, I am having issues with the following and am curious to try and find a work around.

Is it possible to turn off touch input and only leave pen input?

This reminds me of a script someone wrote for windows 7, I believe, that turned the side button on the ASUS EP121 to turn the touch feature on and off. This was fantastic and I'm searching for a way to replicate it with a shortcut in windows 10.

Many people are saying you can disable touch in the device manager but these are people trying to disable touch for laptops (as far as I can tell) and I'm unsure if this will leave pen functionality intact. IF this does work and leaves the pen intact it should be simple enough to write a small script that turns the feature on and off right? I'm not very program savvy, but thought I'd ask you guys!

2. MisterBojangles88

MisterBojangles88 Pen Pal - Newbie

So, apparently disabling the, HID-Compliant touch still allows for pen use and the digitizer to function. So it does appear possible to simply disable and enable the touch in between drawing sessions.

It seems like we should be able to write something that can simply flip a device on and off. After some research it says to use devcon.exe to create a program that could do this? I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that... Anyone have a little more experience that could shed some light on this?

Kendra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.