Window 7 T5010 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by aretzios, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitzuki

kitzuki Pen Pal - Newbie

Well We are a couple of weeks away from the May 5th release of Windows 7 and I've been looking around but we don't have a concrete list of working drivers that are put together on the forums. I was seeing if we could get one started to assist new and coming Windows 7 users Like myself :D

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

honestly, i think most drivers will be detected by the OS, but a noble effort nonetheless :p

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I agree.

On all the computers i have tried it on, almost all the drivers were found by default or by a update. Only small things weren't found/ done correctly like hp quick launch buttons (for screen rotation and side buttons).

4. kitzuki

kitzuki Pen Pal - Newbie

ah ic
    I guess i will be getting my beta client installed today after i exchange my clicking Hard Driver >.<

5. zanchin

zanchin Scribbler - Standard Member

how many hours of battery life do you have with windows 7? I just noticed that with kubuntu I have 12h+.... 4-5h more than with vista

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

impressive

7. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

My own experience is that the majority of drivers but not all will be recognized by the OS. The operating phrase here is "but not all". Specific drivers that detect screen rotation and drivers regarding the full wireless capabilities of the tablet were problematic for me in the Win 7 beta (and I reverted back to Vista). My guess is that the same would be for the Win 7 RC. Since this is still another beta, Fujitsu is not about to provide drivers for it. For all I know, it may never provide drivers for the T5010 and Win 7. Most likely, when Win 7 is released, it would come up with a new tablet that would provide both stylus and touch input and it would support this laptop instead of the T5010. Fujitsu is not known for its attention to driver support. So, moving to Win7 RC may be somewhat problematic. For my money, I would stay out of the fray until Win7 is released (3rd quarter) in which case I can legitimately call either Microsoft and/or Fujitsu for support issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.