Win 8 on the ST5112--buttons not working

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by C E Jones, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

I just installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my ST5112. Everything is working, except for the buttons along the bottom (the power button works, but none of the other buttons). The only one I ever use is the screen rotation button, to switch between landscape and portrait mode. I installed the button driver for Win 7, thinking that would work, but no luck. Has anyone else installed Win 8 on a 5112, and gotten the buttons to work? If not, is there another way to rotate the screen?

2. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you just install W8 and let it figure out the drivers or did you manually load up the Fujitsu drivers?

I just replaced the 80GB spinner with a 120GB SSD for the heck of it but have not really noticed any performance improvement, especially at boot up. The major advantage is the lack of the bother of the stupid Fujitsu shock sensor that was always too sensitive.

Might look into trying W8 on the old drive though.

3. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded the Win 7 button drivers from the Fujitsu website, and installed them after installing Win 8. I switched from the 80GB hdd my 5112 came with, to a 120GB SSD, just like you :) I noticed a very significant performance improvement, including an amazingly fast boot time. This may be due in part to Win 8 being faster, but I'm sure the SSD has a lot to do with it. What kind of SSD did you install? Mine is a Samsung 470.

I can live without the buttons anyway. I found the portrait/landscape option in the control panel. I'm sure there's a way to set up a shortcut so I can just use 1 of the function keys to switch between display modes. My next project :)

4. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmmm, I wonder if that particular driver needs to be reinstalled or explicitly installed "as administrator". You could always try a reinstall of W8.

I installed a Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD and, according to the ATTO benchmark, it's max read and write speeds on this device are in the 120-131 MB/s territory. Clearly a SATA I interface being the bottleneck to a SATA III drive.

5. michaelleewebb

michaelleewebb Pen Pal - Newbie

i can confirm a problem with tablet buttons on st5112. installed win8, clean install not upgrade. install intel 945 video drivers and button driver and then the button utilitiy. buttons do not work. seen enough and restored win7.
    driver was:
    BUTTON-DRIVER_FUJITSU_V4.2.0827.2009_WIN7_FPC47-0007-01
    util was:
    FUJITSU_BUTTON_UTILITIES_V7.02.0818.2009_WINDOWS7_FPC46-1633-01
    spent 20 minutes trying to find my external hard drive where my drivers were. no start button, no computer to select, no explorer that i could find. what i did was bring up the propertys of the task bar and exposed the "desktop" toolbar, then i could select the "d" drive. "swiping motions" seemed to work but the glass is raised on my 5112 and as you swipe from off the screen to on the screen your pen tip crashes into the glass. would take practice to get used to that.

6. Jackall4BDN

Jackall4BDN Pen Pal - Newbie

Bump. I got the ST5112 buttons working, you have to download the vista-drivers on fujitsus supportpage: ClickMe
    Then run the setup as admin in vista-sp2 compatiblity mode. after doing that the buttons should emmidiatly work.^^

p.s.: i know this is a old thread, but since you find it on page 1 at google when searching for "fujitsu st5112" it seems like i maybe help some people when bumping it^^

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.