Win 7 or Tablet XP?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by artaq, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artaq

artaq Pen Pal - Newbie

hi :)

i am about to buy my 3rd TPC. i've always loved Win XP & Tablet XP. i am leary of the newer MS operating systems (eek Vista :eek: ).

is Win 7 a good choice for Tablet's, or should i stick with good ole Tablet XP?

i have checked around and i dont see a thread comparing the 2.

what are the differences?

thanks so much in advance! --- art :D

2. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

I do not want to rain on the XP lovers parade, but Vista was a much superior OS and Win 7 even more so. XP is a decade old OS, much less secure than Vista or Win7 and far inferior in dealing with processor demands and power management, essential in a modern laptop. For example, XP cannot take advantage of multithreading whereas Win7 can. XP cannot regulate power management and thus drains the battery far faster than Vista or Win7. Handwriting recognition is far more robust and accurate in Vista and Win7 than it ever was in XP. So, for me, this is not even a question.

It is unfortunate that Vista got so much bad press when virtually all of the issues were in compatibility with drivers of peripherals. Win7 uses Vista drivers, so if you have some old printers and scanners and you need to hang on to them, stay with XP.

3. artaq

artaq Pen Pal - Newbie

thanx for the reply! i bought a new HP tablet from BestBuy for $850.00 and i am loving Windows 7 :D

i have run into a big problem which i will start another thread on.

however, i thought that Win 7 Professional edition had some app that ran XP software....which Vista didnt have.

doesn't this make it so Win 7 can run those XP peripherals:confused:

4. spiscocig

spiscocig Pen Pal - Newbie

win7,i think that,u should use win7

5. warlock110

warlock110 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you should use window 7, its much smoother and flows better. I am not getting full function with my M200 but I still prefer window 7 over Xp tablet

6. Kires

Kires Pen Pal - Newbie

That's easy. Vista is superior to XP and 7 is superior to Vista. ;)

7. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Win7 by several miles.

Too bad I can't get it running quite as I'd like on my TC1100 (Wacom driver issues), thus I'm stuck on XP Tablet. (And, no, I can NOT afford a newer tablet. Heck, I can't even afford a spare TC1100 battery at the moment!)

8. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

You are referring to the "XP Mode" in Win7. It is only available in the Pro and Ultimate editions and depends on your processor. Some Intel processors are not capable of virtualization, some others are but the feature is disabled. If you try to install the XP mode, the MS site will let you know where you stand and give you more instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.