Win 7 on an X41 Tablet?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by CalebSchmerge, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. globalkiwi

globalkiwi Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone here tried WIndows 7 on an X41 Tablet? If so, were you happy with the result?

I'm considering trying a clean install of the RC on my X41T but hesitating b/c I'm worried the machine may simply have too many limitations to take advantage of Win7 improvements.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

as long as you have a minimum of 1g i think the installation will be fine.

I don't recall anyone on this site putting it on it, but i think i've seen users on TabletPCBuzz & Gottabemobile, running Win 7 fine on their x41's

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

I have Win 7 Beta on my X41, and in a few days when finals is over I will update to the RC - it runs excellently. From what I have been told it runs better than XP (I have never used XP on my X41). The wireless drivers took me a while to get working, and the video wasn't perfect (for everyday use it was fine). These might have been fixed since January, however.

4. globalkiwi

Caleb, It sounds like it was a bit of a hassle to get it up & running - what OS were you using before Win7?

5. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

I bought it in late January, so I installed straight to Win 7 Beta. It was a touch of a hassle, but I loved the experience. In a few days when finals is over I am moving all three of my computers to the Win 7 RC. From what I have heard others say about performance, its worth the hassle to use, however, because you get much more from the computer.

6. globalkiwi

If you have the time, would you mind posting back here on your experience witht the X41 Tablet? A lot of posts around on Win7 RC on the X61T but virtually nothing on the X41T which is a different beast.
    Good luck on your finals! :D

7. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

I will definitely do so, I might need a reminder sometime though. It will be Friday night at the soonest that I start. So Sunday if you don't see anything, send me a PM or email to remind me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.