Win 7 on 2710p use 32 or 64 bit version

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mjposner, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mattcham

mattcham Pen Pal - Newbie

Installed Windows 7 RC (64-bit) on Sunday 5/3 on my 2710p with 4Gb of RAM. Big improvement over Vista, but the screen still doesn't automatically rotate. I haven't tried any of the HP drivers, but I only have one unidentified component in my device manager. Everything else (including the fingerprint reader) just work from the vanilla install! I can actually log on to my machine by swiping my finger! And I didn't need to install the whole HP Security Suite to get it to work - just set it up in the Biometric Devices in the Control Panel.

Boots faster, sleeps more reliably. Batter life with RC is about the same as it was with Vista... With Windows 7 Beta, my battery life was horrible. I was getting about 1.5 hours on the internal battery. Now I get over 3 hours again!

2. zephurus

zephurus Pen Pal - Newbie

automatic rotation doesn't work for me either, and the rotate button doesn't work as well. I have a 2730p but both machines have similar components.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

reinstall the hp quick launch buttons software. It controls both screen rotation and the rotate button.