WIMBoot for Toshiba Encore (~24GB free after Windows installation)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by nmilosev, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmilosev

nmilosev Pen Pal - Newbie

User tataniko has posted a very good and detailed tutorial on how to use new feature called WIMBoot on our Toshiba Encore. You can find it here:

Windows 8.1 / WimBoot - TOSHIBA FORUMS

I've tried it and I have 21GB free after Windows + Office installation. You should definitely check it out. Speed and stability is the same as with the stock installation. :)

Cheers.

2. jonlowe

jonlowe Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd heard of wimboot being included in the latest Windows 8.1 update, but it looked very complicated. I followed the guide in the previous post, and had 22gb out of 32gb free after I was done. No noticeable change in speed, just a ton of extra space, for FREE. I read the guide a couple of times to make sure I understood what was going on. It took a couple of hours once I started.

Toshiba should offer an image of this for updating all of the Encores they've sold, and put it on all new ones. Makes them much more useful.

Jon

Sent from my Encore using Tapatalk

3. nmilosev

nmilosev Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem, I'm glad that it worked out for you. I've been using it for a week now and everything is running perfectly, just ton of free space.

4. zipmagic

zipmagic Pen Pal - Newbie

I have developed a very simple, hassle-free way to utilize WIMBoot, which would ordinarily be very complicated - in just a single click!

My software is called DoubleSpace. DoubleSpace runs on any Windows 8.1 Update 1 computer, it is not tied in to any particular hardware brand or make.

DoubleSpace also recovers space from any additional software you have installed on your computer. In fact, the more you store, the more you save.

You can also recompress your data as many times as you want with DoubleSpace (especially as you install more apps and create more files). The net result is often a doubling of your disk space; hence the name DoubleSpace :)

You will not need external storage, a Windows PE environment, manually created images - or anything of the sort - to use DoubleSpace. DoubleSpace runs in one-click, and all you need to choose is compression strength - 4 are available, between MaxSpeed - MaxSpace. No lengthy tutorials to follow at all.

I trust you will enjoy using the tool as much as I enjoyed building it. I welcome any feedback!

Please check Simon King`s ZIPmagic: DoubleSpace for a screenshot and free download.

5. mr.carnby

mr.carnby Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.