will tx2000 be available in canada?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by maroon93, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Lauren77

Lauren77 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's really helpful marron93!
    I was really having trouble debating between the two, but I agree with you. I don't think that I'd ever use that much space, as well as 4 GB of RAM. Also if you think the tx2114 runs hotter than the tx2108 makes me want to go with the tx2108, not to mention that the tx2114's price has gone up to it's original $1599 price! I'm sure the tx2108 will be more than enough for what I use it for.

Haha that's true! They're coming out with new models so fast these days I wouldn't be surprised. But for now I still have my heart set on the tx2108.

Thank you again!!!

2. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Dana!

I ended up exchanging the tx2114 for the tx2108 yesterday so unfortunately I can't post the exact Windows Experience Index values for the tx2114! Sorry :eek:.. However, I can tell you from what I can remember that the numbers for each don't vary too much. Of course, the base index for each is 3.0 due to each having the same graphics card. Here are the values for tx2108:

Processor: 4.8
    Memory: 4.8
    Graphics: 3.0
    Gaming Graphics: 3.0
    Primary Hard Disk: 5.2

Aside from the processor, which might be lower by .2 or .3 compared to the tx2114, I think the rest are the same, again this is just from what I might remember.

With regards to heat/nose, similar to what I mentioned with the tx2104, the tx2108 runs cooler than the tx2114 in my opinion. Again, this might be due to the fact that both the 2108 and 2104 run on the Turion TL-60 instead of the TL-64. Noise might be more of a factor though as the machine's fan will constantly turn on which can be heard in a quiet room like the Library when it is on full blast. However, when you're in a classroom, whether or not people can hear it depends on how far away everyone is sitting. Consider the case where there's people 2 or 3 seats away that can hear it when the fan is on, but people any further probably wouldn't hear anything. My opinion is that most tablets run with similar amounts of noise, I know a guy with a Toshiba tablet and it is similar.

Oddly enough, price may once again be the deciding factor as I noticed yesterday, and to add to what Laruen has mentioned above, that the pricing for both Future Shop's models of the tx2000 have soared way up (tx2114 priced at $1599.99 and tx2104 at $1349.99). The price for the tx2108 at Best Buy remains at $1099.99 however now stating it's on sale, with savings of $100.

Hope that helps!

3. april

april Pen Pal - Newbie

4. magendo

magendo Pen Pal - Newbie

What if TX2114 @ 999.99?
    Just an opinion

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

get the tx2500, i wouldn't recommend the tx1000 or tx2000 as they both have chipset/graphics issues which HP refuses to acknowledge and appear to have a high rate of hardware failure.