will tx2000 be available in canada?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by maroon93, Mar 3, 2008.

1. b3atofang3l

b3atofang3l Pen Pal - Newbie

hey, i just bought the normal edition the one with tl-60 yesterday at futureshop.
    does your machine run hot cause if it rest it on my lap, the side with fan feels pretty hot, so does the right side of the hand rest (beside the trackpad).

i m thinking of getting an exchange because i've read so many good reviews about these machines.

2. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine doesn't feel hot at all. I haven't done anything to intense with it, other then install Adobe CS3. My girlfriends acer laptop blows out alot of hot air and is hot to touch on the bottom, the tx2000 I have is nothing like that.

3. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

I own the lower model as well (TL-60) and mine doesn't run particularly hot. It does get warm at the back vent but other than that, it's fine.

4. kaos

kaos Pen Pal - Newbie

I too took the plunge for a TL-60 at futureshop. I like it a lot. As of now, my only complaints are that the screen isn't viewable from high angles and that the battery doesn't last more than 2-3 hours (6 cells, Wifi always on, bright as day though). Else, it's great !

As for the temp, Everest tells me: 43C on Core 1 and 32C on Core 2 (I'm just surfing the web with the CPU downclocked at 800MHz). It never really got hot, only warm near the battery. Oh and the GPU is at 59C.

Just wanted to share back as this forum helped me quite a bit deciding which tablet to buy.

5. Lauren77

Lauren77 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if there is a weight difference between the tx2114 model and the tx2104 model? Also, when I went to futureshop to look at the tablets, the unit they had to demo the tx2104 model didn't have a fingerprint reader, so does only the tx2114 model have a fingerprint reader?

Thanks!
    Lauren

6. maroon93

Both model's should weigh the same at about 4.5 lbs. Out of those two models currently available in Canada, the tx2114 is the only one with the fingerprint reader.

I initially bought the tx2104 because of the lower price but later returned it to purchase the tx2114. For what's being offered in the tx2114, I think it's better bang for your buck.

Here are just some of the extras that aren't in the tx2104 but come in the tx2114:
    • 320 GB hard drive (might not need this much space but it's nice)
    • Bluetooth
    • 4 GB of ram for the 64-bit Windows Vista
    • Fingerprint reader
    • 2.20 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Gold Edition TL-64

7. maroon93

Lauren, just an update, Best Buy now has that tx2108 which is similar to Future Shop's tx2104 with the addition of a fingerprint reader and bluetooth for the same price at $1099.99.

8. Lauren77

Lauren77 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your knowledge maroon93! Those are just the things I wanted to know. I agree, I think the tx2114 is a better deal. I also noticed the one now available at Best Buy... and now I'm unsure which to purchase! I still think the tx2114 is more tempting though. Hopefully they'll be a 'back to school' sale or something like that in the Fall, as I don't really need it until the next semester of school.

Thanks again for your help!

9. maroon93

No problem! Here's another story which might help you on your decision.. I mentioned before that I purchased the tx2114 in favor of the tx2104 but to be honest, I'm actually thinking of returning the tx2114 to purchase Best Buy's tx2108. Reason being, I'm beginning to realize I don't need a 64-bit operating system, I don't think I'll ever utilize the entire 320 GB hard drive and for what it's worth, I only bought it because I wanted the fingerprint reader and bluetooth which can be found in the tx2108 where I can save myself $250! Also, the tx2114 has the TL-64 which is 0.2 GHz faster than the tx2104 and tx2108 but I did notice it seems to run hotter so that's another reason.

I usually notice laptops go on sale when the school year gets back in gear but the prices don't usually vary that much from a regular sale. Anyways, if you do decide to wait till Fall, I'm sure there'll be another model out by then!

Hope that helps!

10. Dana

Dana Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Maroon!

I'm also hesistating between the Bestbuy tx2108 and the Futureshop tx2114... so I find this thread extremely interesting!

Would it be possible for your to post your Windows Experience Index onto the forum for the current tx2114 and also for the tx2108 if you decide to exchange it, please? ;) Also, I would be extremely grateful to any heat/noise (especially noise!) comparisions that you could draw between the two. I intend to use the laptop for school as well, so noise is really a big concern for me.

Thanks!