will tx2000 be available in canada?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by maroon93, Mar 3, 2008.

1. anott

anott Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have any updates

I have talked to HP and they have informed me that if and when it hits Canada it will not be customizable, only certain pre-packaged setups will be available.

2. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

I also spoke to someone at HP Canada a couple weeks ago and he said that they didn't have any official release date. However he did mention that he thinks it could be another month or month and a half before it comes out in Canada. I'm not banking on his prediction though because he really didn't sound sure of himself but I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the case because it's already the end of March and to my knowledge, it still hasn't been released retail in the States yet.

3. lihkin

lihkin Pen Pal - Newbie

It's available in like EVERY future shop and Best Buy

4. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

would beg to differ, the Bestbuy at Young and Dundas in Toronto still had the tx1000 on display up till a few days ago. When I went in today they no longer had this model on display.

do you have any weblinks for the tx2000 in canada?

5. maroon93

It's not available at any Future Shop or Best Buy locations in my area.. and why should it be since it hasn't even been released by HP Canada yet.

Anyways, the tx1414-1420 models seem to have been sold out completely at the local Future Shop's, Best Buy's, and Office Depot's and makes me hope that the tx2000 is coming next. It is possible they might be getting another shipment of the tx1000's though :(

6. trk9

trk9 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been looking for this in Canada as well with no luck. HP Canada has no idea if this is coming or not....

But, after hours on the phone and online, I finally was able to order one and ship it to a US address with my Canadian credit card.

I had to change my "billing" address with the card company so that it would pass HP's address verification system. Most credit card customer service reps will just add an alternate shipping address, but HP's system matches up the actually billing address and does not accept non-US addresses. So insist that the card company change your billing address.

It was a real hassle placing the order, my order was declined several times, even after HP verified my address with my credit card company on a 3-way call. But eventually after calling to check on why my order status was declined still, I got the order placed over the phone. It should ship by April 4, but it'll probably be a couple more weeks before I can cross the border to pick it up with my current schedule :(

Hope this info helps other Canadians in the same situation...

7. maroon93

8. maroon93

Just found the tx2104ca on the futureshop.ca site, albeit not under the tablet section which is why I couldn't find it earlier. It appears that this model is available in stores for $999.99. The tx2114ca for $1249 seems to be still not in stock at most locations from my research.

My question for the more knowledgeable, which one would be the better deal and/or which one would be more ideal to buy? The tx2104 has 3 GB of ram, 250GB hard drive, and uses the TL-60 processor at 2.0 GHz. The tx2114 is the gold edition (could someone please iterate any advantages to this.. I know I've seen it somewhere on the forum) has 4GB of ram, 320GB hard drive, and uses the TL-64 processor at 2.2 GHz. I'm already leaning toward the tx2104 due to price and knowing vista premium will not make use of 4GB of ram anyways (I think). 250GB of hard drive space is more than sufficient for what I'll be doing (taking notes as an engineering student, sketching, etc.).

Thanks!

9. desdamon

I SO WANT THIS . . . hmmmm . . . . the sale till the 10th is nice too . . . and 14day return policy.

Is anyone else wanting to really jump on this?

10. desdamon

I got the gold edition, finally after waiting for a year and a half I got the model that meets my needs.