will tx2000 be available in canada?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by maroon93, Mar 3, 2008.

1. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I had an unfortunate accident with my tx1000.. I ended up slipping on the ice and fell on my backpack. Inside was my tx1000 and when I got home, I discovered that the screen had multiple cracks all over and the tablet itself is no longer balanced when laid on the table. :mad:

Anyways I was wondering anyone here knows when and if the tx2000 will be available in Canada or if there's anyway to ship it from another country to Canada because as far as I know, it can't be done from the US hp.com site.

Thanks.

2. nmstough

nmstough Pen Pal - Newbie

Why wouldn't it be? Can you just go to www.hp.com and order it there like the rest of us? Maybe you have to pay in US$ but that shouldn't be a major issue these days when the exchange rates are at parity.

3. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

because hp USA won't ship outside the US. Hence I can't order an 8 cell battery to ship to Oz.

You'll probably need to ship to a friend in the USA and have them send it to you, or look to a reseller that ships internationally.

Gordon

4. nmstough

nmstough Pen Pal - Newbie

That doesn't make sense. Just pay in US$ and enter a shipping address to Canada. After all, these aren't made in the US, in fact they barely enter the country. Isn't Achorage closer to most of Canada than most of the US?

5. gordoncahill

You're surprised that HP would do something that doesn't make sense? why should they start now? :)

Gordon

6. gordoncahill

They do it because different countries have different margins. Our TX 2000 costs nearly 40% more than what you guys pay. The easiest way to protect local HP offices is to not ship internationaly

Gordon

7. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Apparently 80 percent of their fraud cases stem from international orders as well, which is why hp.com doesn't accept international credit cards and usually declines the order if the shipping and billing address are different...

Canada and Australia have the advantage of having certain models that will never be available elsewhere. One such model is the LG P100, which is what I would consider the best ultraportable for my purposes. The only drawback it has is the passive digitizer, which doesn't really make that much of a difference with such a small device.

8. imjosh

imjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Does Costco ship to Canada? They have the tx2000 customizable for cheaper than HP, granted you need to be a member but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. kaos

kaos Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the same situation as maroon. However, I found a shipping address in the US that is just across the border (45 min.). So I'll have my TX shipped there and I'll pick it up myself (they only charge 3$ to accept the package).

Only remaining problem is that HP only accepts US CC and US Paypal accounts (I chatted with a rep this morning). Maybe if I call my CC company, ask them to add the shipping address in the US as a secondary address, open a new Paypal account, link it to my Canadian CC with the address in the US to have it confirmed....

Would this work ? Anyone attempted it before ?

10. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I tried ordering a tx from hp with a U.S. CC, U.S. shipping address (other than the billing address of the CC which is also U.S.) but they declined my order because the order was placed from abroad. So for the most part, that's a no-go.