Will there be another tablet like the Asus Vivotab Note 8?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by person135, Jan 6, 2015.

1. person135

person135 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking for a small form factor tablet (under 9") that runs full windows (8 or 10) and will come with a stylus that uses the better stylus technologies (like on the Surface Pros), but also has a stylus slot in the tablet itself. AFAIK the only windows tablet that does this is the Asus Vivotab Note 8, and I'm not aware of any other tablets currently out there or that will be produced that will have something like this?

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. person135

I saw that thread after posting this thread, but after briefly glancing over the last 2 pages it doesn't seem like there is anything out there. Would you mind sharing your information on the CES developments? I know cherry trail is shipping out, but there hasn't been any news on the specific devices it is going on. I'm hoping one of them will be a small premium build tablet with a stylus + stylus silo.

4. WillAdams

5. person135

Do you own a vivotab note 8? If you do and do not plan on replacing yours, how long do you expect to use it for?

6. WillAdams

Yes, I have an AVTN8 (ordered on the 23rd, received on the 30th of last year), and I'll keep it and use it as my main machine until it breaks, or Windows isn't supported on it, or some other thing forces the issue.

I'd still be using my Fujitsu Stylistic ST-4121, 'cept MS turned off security patches for XP, and it was getting really slow accessing the web.

I'm just following the new tablet announcements to reassure myself, and to maybe guide my daughter in buying a new machine.

7. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

Last Surface (Pro 3) stylus is not impressive. I try it in store. Still it is labelled as "the best out there" for N-trig... This part aside, your answer is Toshiba Encore 2 Write.

8. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus have a new small tablet that support pen input (but it's not clear what type of active pen )

also Toshiba announced a 8 inch Encore 2 write , which have a wacom pen

all of the mentioned devices were announced at CES few days ago

9. person135

The Toshiba Encore 2 Write looks very interesting. Looks like they decided to have a pen clip instead of a separate slot. I wonder what kind of processor it will use.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Not so much of a decision on that as it was the tech. The new Active ES tech requires a battery which makes a silo difficult/impractical.