Will the Lifebook T904 or T935 hinges last me through college?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by zxcool, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

So I'm attending engineering school and I need a computer for inking. Its between the Lenovo yoga 12in 2nd gen. and the Lifebook T935. But Lenovo has info on the hinge testing on their website, like over 2000 times a day, crazy. But Fujitsu doesn't. What are your experiences with the hinge or hinges on the T904 or T935? not the T902. How long have you had it? Thanks to all who reply!

2. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't trust the hinge. It is too flimsy for my liking. I came from HP tablet pcs with very strong hinges. I only moved to fujitsu because I thought they were better quality but I don't think so. I think the T902 hinge is more solid. That's my opinion.

I've had the T904 hinge replaced, but I am afraid to send my computer in to fujitsu service as every time I sent it in, there were new problems.

3. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

yea that was my initial thoughts too, from the info found on the forum and pictures. So that leaves the thinkpad Yoga 12.5 or the surface pro 3. Which would you choose over the other? and why? would you still recommend the T904/T935? which would benefit a engineering student the most? thanks for any reply. And thanks for your comment on this forum.

4. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Buy, the Toshiba Z20t. Great device.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Well the advantage of the T9xx series over the ThinkPad Yoga line would be the larger and higher rest display. I am not sure how viewing angles compare but from the reviews here the viewing angles on the T904 could be better.

6. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

'

Lenovo is on my blacklist. I bought the thinkpad x61 tablet and had issues with the pen (Button fell off) and the latch came off as well after 6 months of normal use. They wouldn't cover it under warranty until I escalated it. I can't trust that kind of quality. I guess it's because IBM was better and since Lenovo bought it, it's been a piece of junk. I was tempted to get the thinkpad yoga because that is "business" quality, but I wanted quality. Unfortunately, Fujitsu has let me down with their hinge for the T904, but also with their service of sending in the machine only to have more problems. And to top it off, they had downgraded my motherboard from i5 to i7. Their ridiculous ways of treating "international" models like second class citizens has definitely returned me back to HP, who I have been using tablet pcs since TC4400 (check my signature). Anyways, they offered to upgrade me to T935 since they really messed up with the T904. If I had got a refund, I would have gone straight for the HP pro x2 612. Any problems I had with HP, they would fix it and fast. Fujitsu took 3 weeks everytime I sent it in because it was an international model. HP would fix any model they sold, in a few days, especially if you purchased extended warranty. I couldn't buy on-site warranty with fujitsu because it was not available for international models. What does that tell you? They don't stand behind their equipment.

http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/ads/detachables-biz/pro_x2_612.html

Maybe you wonder why I switched. HP made a bad move. HP changed from wacom to atmel (WORSE CRAP EVER) on their elitebook revolve. I've complained about it in the HP forum. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/hp-executive-pen.57307/page-5#post-340667. The elitebook revolve was an awesomely built machine. It felt solidly built but the worse decision to swap from wacome to atmel. Maybe it's gotten better since it's G3 now, I had a G1. The writing was worse than a kindergarten, and on top of it, you had to buy the pen separately.

Too bad the pro x2 doesn't have an i7.

I think rotating screens are going to way of the dinosaur. I'm moving towards detachables the next time I'm up for an upgrade.

For an engineering student, no idea what you guys are looking for. Just make sure it's go the specs you need and the features you want. The surface pro is good but I don't like the flimsiness of the keyboard. It seems fairly well built.

Oh one thing about the yoga. When I was looking into it, the thing about the yoga and the thinkpad yoga is that for the thinkpad yoga, there is a thingy that pops out as the laptop is folded to protect the keys from being pressed. The normal yoga doesn't have it so your keys can eventually be worn down and accidentally pressed. Unless it's changed in the newer models.

Good luck!

7. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

Than
    thanks so much for the detailed reply!

8. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

The viewing angles on the t904 were Bad already.

The higher resolution is more a Problem than an advantage in Windows because of scaling issues.

Rondo60 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.