WIFI problem

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by sixthspeed, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixthspeed

sixthspeed Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been following the ea800 for a while and I just recently purchased one. So far, It's everything I expected and more, very happy with it.

I do have a problem however. My school has WIFI that shows up as unsecured and can be connected to by anyone. However, after you connect, you must open the browser to log using your school ID before you can browse. The problem is when I try to use the school WIFI from my eee note, it tries to connect and gives an error saying the connection failed. So I can't get to the browser to enter my credentials. I know many schools and workplaces have this type of wireless network, and was wondering if there was a fix. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

2. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, my university has the same system, and it works fine. Can you provide more information on the error messages and the wifi network you want to join?

3. GSXRCarlos

GSXRCarlos Pen Pal - Newbie

my connection fails if i'm more than 5 meters away from the access point - could it be that?

4. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem, but have not found an ad hoc solution. Just google 'web authentication' and you will find something. This link may be helpful as well.

M.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. sixthspeed

I select the SSID from the WIFI list, it tries to connect, then it says "Cannot connect to the selected network. Please check your password and network settings."

Is the wireless range on this device that weak? It connects to my home wifi fine, but I guess I'm never that far away from the router.

6. sixthspeed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.