WiFi not loading up at ALL!!!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tariq_niazi, Jun 18, 2008.

1. tariq_niazi

tariq_niazi Pen Pal - Newbie

I started having a weird WiFi problem. I have searched this forum already and saw people having having WiFi problems with N networks in them. But mine is a A/B/G card and it looks similar. Well my tx1000z upgraded to service pack 1 few days ago. After the upgrade, the WiFi was not loading up sometimes and now it won't even load up. I have done BIOS upgrade, installed the latest drivers, and done safe mode boot but still no success. I have searched the HP forum and have read this kind of problem having in other DV series laptops. Can anyone else confirm this problem having in their laptop? And if so, is it a hardware issue?

- TKN

2. badger

badger Pen Pal - Newbie

I lost the wireless connnection on my tx1250 last week - disappeared from the wireless assistant and tried new drivers to no avail. Rang HP support who seemed to be aware of the problem and arranged to take it in for warranty repair. It was returned in three working days with a new or repaired motherboard - excellent service indeed. Doesn't help you if you're out of warranty I guess but that's life. I'm not technical at all but would guess from talking to a few people that the problem is heat related and I am seriously going to look at a warranty extension before the year is up - something I wouldn't normally consider. In every other respect, the tx1250 has been fantastic - it does start up and run slowly on Vista and with Norton and, like them all, does run very hot but for small business, home, music and games it is superb, quite often running for 15 hours a day. Good luck with the fault - hope it is not too expensive to sort if you are out of warranty.

3. starbai

starbai Pen Pal - Newbie

amazing how both mine and my roomate's tx1000z started having this problem literally 2 weeks out of warranty.

i vow to never buy another HP notebook/product again. HORRIBLE customer service.

basically said since its out of warranty i could pay for a new Mobo, or try a new wifi card and hope that fixes the problem long enough for me to save up for a new machine altogether.

4. arthursantossp

arthursantossp Pen Pal - Newbie

WiFi not loading is a clear point that your note (like many other tx) are suffering from heat problems... First is the wifi, next the mainboard (tablet will light the leds when power on, but cant boot windows)..