Wierd T580 Problem

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ronr9286t, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

Experts (and all others):

I had a very wierd problem with my T580 on Friday, and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem on a T580 or any other Fujitsu convertable tablet (this is my 5th Fujitsu tablet and I've never seen it before).

I was in a hotel room and using the T580 on battery power in laptop mode. We were going to leave the room for an hour for dinner so I closed the cover and left. When I returned, I opened the cover and hit the power switch to wake up the T580. The screen came on, but the cursor was stuck in the upper right hand corner of the screen and sat there "vibrating". The cursor had minimal response to the touchpad, and the stylus had no response on the screen. I did several restarts and even went back to the last restore point, with no improvement. I tried an external mouse, with no change. I finally shut it down, resigned to going back to my T2020 when I returned home on Monday.

Last night Saturday), just for fun, I booted it up, and it started and operated normally, as if the problem never happened. I'm a bit gun-shy about trusting the T580 on another road trip until I identify the problem. Does this set of symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

Ron

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Nope, never had that issue with my 580.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I did several restarts and even went back to the last restore point, with no improvement...>>

Ron: This won't provide any comfort, but sometimes, weird stuff happens to even the best thought out digital system. If this problem reoccurs, you should definitely contact Fujitsu Tech Support and discuss it with them.

If you need to recover operation right away, my advice would be to shut down, remove the battery, press and hold the I/O switch for at least 30 seconds. Then re-install the battery and restart. If the system doesn't boot properly, you definitely want Tech Support to take a look at it.

Good luck...

4. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

After the successful re-boot Saturday night, its been running flawlessly. I'd try to reproduce the problem, but I'm not sure what brought it on.

Ron

5. Marauderz

Marauderz Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm gonna peg the problem on the Ntrig digitizer. cause u mentioned that the cursor was vibrating?

6. babap

babap Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem on the Fujitsu T580 as Ron, Nov 2011: cursor sits on top right corner, vibrating. Computer held same state and not operational for 2 days. Tried everything from battery removal while on, mains only and unplug etc. Suddenly returns to normal, but erratic cursor positioning, to either right bottom and clicks itself to either show the calendar, or desktop (bottom right corner has return-to-desktop icon). Sometimes the cursor goes to right top corner and clicks, thus closing any app that is running in read mode. Knocks me out of any app that is not in write/update mode. So now I permanently put the touch launcher sidebar on so that a right upper corner traversing cursor click will only try to close the launcher bar. This problem went on and off for over a year. Unable to duplicate. But for now it is behaving (does it every time I tell the computer loudly I am sending it in for repair!). Has anyone solved this issue? I am calling this into Fujitsu before the 2 yr warranty runs out. Otherwise I am happy with the T580. I now carry a back up MSI U100 with me always...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.