Wierd little mouse problem

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by TabletX, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I am using a M405, whenever I try to close a window (any windows at all firefox, ie, word....) by going to the taskbar, right click it and hit close, instead of closing the windows I heard a "bing" but when I minimize the windows and right click on the taskbar to bring up the menu and hit close then it works. No idea why and can't seem to get my touchpad to respond to the back and forward command (for internet explorer and firefox) no matter what I do. Reinstall and blah blah.... nothing works. I will bother Toshiba later, but I think they will have less clue than any of u guys. I think there is something wrong with the software portion.

2. cyano

cyano Pen Pal - Newbie

About the touchpad back and forward command, the default setting seems a bit over sensitive and I have to move my finger quite accurately from the top center then to either side to make it work. You may look at the touchpad icon in the task tray to see the animation whether your move is correct. I also changed the touchpad setting in the control panel to recognize my finger movement easier. By the way, I notice that whenever a web page is too complicated, ie. contains animation/flash/etc, this back/forward doesn't seems to work at all.

3. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok for me I think it is some bad interaction between the EZ antivirus and the touchpad, as soon as I installed that, my start up time shot up to about 1m 15-20 sec instead of under 1 min. Time to look for another antivirus.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you're on the lookout for another virus checker, without doubt, my recommendation would be for NOD32 by eset.
    It is the only VC that lives up to it's claim of not missing one hit in 6yrs and has an exceptional small footprint in system resources.

I have it purchased and installed on all my devices.
    See here for information.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I thought of that also. Do you have any recommendation on firewall?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well... we're running quite a bit off topic here but if you don't have a router with built in hardware firewall, you could always look at ZoneAlarm.