Wierd battery problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mattj, Feb 17, 2007.

1. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Okay I have found my first my first serious issue with my R1F and it is battery related.

When I first took my R1F on the road a few days ago I charged the unit the evening before until it stopped charging and then unplugged it. It was properly turned off and I left it like that over night. The next morning I decided to get some work done for one of the classes I had that day and booted up the R1F. I was shocked to see that there was only 86% charge left. I was extremely worried that this meant I too had battery wear problems but after being able to charge it back up to 100% and seeing a battery time of 3 hours and 40 minutes I dismissed the problem. This was not correct however, today after leaving the R1F for a night and a day turned off with at least 25% of the charge remaining right now I booted up and the battery warning indicator was flashing. After boot I was horrified to find that only 6% of the battery charge was left. Obviously something is eating the charge even when the Tablet is powered down (not hibernating but properly powered down). Is this a known issue? I vaguely remember reading about this but I am not sure and with all these battery related topics I cannot find it.

Another thing is that ASUS Live Update will not start. I have tried starting it three times from the start menu but nothing is happening. Wierd.

I cannot call ASUS until Monday but I hope to have resolved these issues by then.

I don't have problems with the headphones so that is something to be fearful about at least.

2. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

that is quite interesting. A really good battery should keep it's charge 100% overnight after a full charge. Most good batteries would keep at least 98-99%.

Some other people have mentioned that it may not be the battery, but instead the power supply or something on the laptop itself thats affecting the battery.

If the next time u charge it fully, turn it off and leave it overnight... try taking the battery out and see if that makes any difference. That will at least eliminate 1 or 2 of the possibilities.