Why Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by mynameisbob, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynameisbob

mynameisbob Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps I'm opening myself to an onslaught of angry posts, but I am very curious as to why Toshiba Tablet PC's seem to have a majority of buyers' interest/attention. I personally have looked at the m400 twice in-store, and was unimpressed, specifically by the size (heavier than the fujitsu t4210, much larger than the x41t) the optical drive (protruding button that accidentally opens the drive if you stand up the pc in tablet mode; cannot be swapped out like the fuji) and the build qulity (the hinge and the latch seem slightly less stable/sturdy).

I have noticed the plethora of useful settings and applications the Toshibas come with, but other than that I really don't know what all the fuss is about. So, if anyone can shed a little light on the matter, I'd love to hear some insights on Toshibas.

2. BenjaminRies

BenjaminRies Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as (convertable) Tablet brands go, Toshiba has tended to edge out Fujitsu and Lenovo in terms of base price - while delivering somewhat better quality than, say, Gateway.

I agree that the T4210 is a worthy competitor to the M400... or at least it will be, once SXGA+ appears as an option for the T4210. That's a rumour-promise somewhat similar to the Ultra Slim Bay secondary battery we've heard coming for the M400.

The thing is, the T4210 is coming to market much later than the M400, so there aren't a plethora of users out there showing it off. You have to at least give Toshiba credit for churning out the extra features sooner than the rest - SXGA+ on the M200, Core Duo on the M400, etc. The M400 seems to be bothering people with pretty crappy battery life and weight, but we'll wait and see what kind of gripes people have once they buy the T4210.

In short, the majority of buyers are interested in the tablet that has been around long enough to get a collection of reviews, videos, discussions, etc... not the tablet that has barely hit the market.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good and valid points Benjamin...
    I would hope that users look at the previous line up of tablets from both camps and base their thoughts and user opinions on these, rather than the 'what ifs'.

The T4010/4020 is a very good and reliable workhorse, as is the P1510.

FSC do produce some of the best tablets in componant parts, as can be found on all their range, including Laptops/Notebooks & PPC's.

I own a couple of their tablets/laptops and again PPC's.
    I have always been very impressed in the design and feature list.

Of the PPC's, I simply adore my 2 x Pocket Loox 720's and am eying up the soon to be released Pocket PC Phone the T830 :)

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have had very good experiences with toshiba. they really are top of the line stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.