Why isnt Fujistu lifebook T5010 Popular?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by sagoorbest, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagoorbest

sagoorbest Pen Pal - Newbie

Well i am a member of www.cnet.com and well they dont have T5010 in their search listing no review etc nothing.....and also when i search for it on youtube...still i see only meager 1 or 2 videos why the hell this tablet pc not popular...and no reviews i mean no reviews on top review sites

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Because Fujitsu does not really advertise their products, like HP or Lenovo does.
    Other producers announce their products a few months before release, present them in public showrooms, and spend a lot of money as sponors, and so on.
    Fujitsu just releases the product, hopes that they made a good product which does not need an advertising and tries to sell it to companies, schools, ... and make there the more direct advertising.
    (Just look at the Slate ST6012)

And is Tablet PC review not a top review site for tablet PCs?
    Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 First Look Review
    Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 Review
    Grimnir's Exhaustive T5010 Review (TPR should add this review to the user reviews section, because it is much more informative than Tiffany's review)
    (I just don't know why TPR hasn't added the reviews to the T5010 in their database)

or GottabeMobile, which made two ink shows:
    GBM InkShow: Fujitsu T5010
    GBM InkShow: 3-Way Tablet PC Comparison

But yes, I have to agree, Fujitsu products get reviewed, they look good, finished.
    Compared to other tablet PCs there aren't that many reviews.
    But hey, just look at the new Apple, almost every day was a new macro picture of the not really new Apple notebook, almost over a month long. Good marketing, that's all. But well Apple needs this marketing to keep the cult about their products alive.

Maybe it's also because Fujitsu is too open. Just look at the homepage, you find almost every technical question about the T5010 answered on the Fujitsu homepage, if you look at the Lenovo or HP homepage you find almost no informations (e.g. search for the capacity the batteries have) Maybe that's why other products need that many reviews, or that's why many people search for reviews about those products, because they don't know everything about it.

But yes, a bit more hype about Fujitsu tablets would be nice, but maybe it's not worth it for Fujitsu.

But on the other hand I also want to mention that the Fujitsu Tablets are popular, they just don't get reviewed that much, but sold. Just look at the forum. The T5010 gets discussed, the HP2730p not, and the Lenovo X200T also not really.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. grizzly

grizzly Pen Pal - Newbie

Mostly marketing. They don't have the marketing budget of the Dells and HPs of the computer world. Check out who is advertising on their sites and magazines and you will likely see a correlation between the reviews and the ads.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

marketing and the fact that its starting price is almost $800-1000 over the price of machines like the tx2500.

The machines that are more popular tend to be cheaper.

5. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

I think it is the cost.

With a little scratching of the surface (eg visiting these very fujitsu boards) you will find a pretty satisfied customer base, albeit smaller than hp and dell, as mentioned above.

6. sagoorbest

sagoorbest Pen Pal - Newbie

Well i agree with you

and if fujitsu spends more on marketing and advertsing it will coz them more funds thus ... increasing its price....albeit fujitu is the best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.