Why is the TF810 being ignored by everyone?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by goodintentions, Mar 6, 2013.

1. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you think the build quality of the vivotab series to be relatively high? I think so. Yet, there's a lot of reviews on the internet that claims the vivotab rt feels really cheap. Having owned both, they both feel the same to me. Both are made of brushed aluminum. The tf810c is slightly bigger, but that's it.

Any idea why some people think this thing feels cheap?

2. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

Famous? Awe shucks, I wish :) But yes, that's probably me you're thinking of on YouTube.

Tomorrow we'll have the TF810C video review up, complete with demo of ArtRage 4.0, Corel Painter, a little Photoshop and Sketchook. And OneNote and Windows Journal too.

When TransformerBook is available, we'll definitely review it.

3. goodintentions

Well, beside those programs for artists, did you mention at all the functionality of this tablet/laptop hybrid for people like me? I'm an engineer. Can't draw proper stick figures if my life depended on it. At the moment, I'm trying to get involve with a dam project down south. If I get a position with the team, it will be truly in the middle of no where and the long lasting battery life of this machine will definitely be a godsend.

See, the thing is this. I'm a technology enthusiast. It's kinda annoying that professionals in the technical fields rarely ever get mentioned in tech reviews. You guys always seem to focus on the hipster visual artists and web bloggers.

But yes, you are definitely famous. You speak very well. I like your reviews on youtube the most. I like techno buffalo guy 2nd.

4. MobileTechReview

So what programs do you rely on, Goodintentions? It's clear to me what business folks use, and I know about artists and non-hipster bloggers like me (Photoshop, geeky web programming tools, terminal, Dreamweaver) and hipster bloggers (web browser that can handle WordPress, social networking, Photoshop). But mechanical engineers (I'm assuming that's what you are) primarily use ??? Let me know what you use and we can consider adding those programs to our tests unless they're terribly expensive.

5. TechlLuv

TechlLuv Pen Pal - Newbie

@Mobiletechreview, I just watched your review and thanks for making it, I was wondering how loud are the speakers on the 810? I originally had the vivotab smart but return it solely because of the poor speaker volume mostly when watching movies. You mentioned you were only seeing like 8 hours of battery life, was that with full brightness?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

6. MobileTechReview

50% brightness (that's how we run all our tests for battery life). The speaker volume is pretty good and loud enough for a small room with some background noise.

7. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

TF has 5point multi toich. Honestly I dont know why we need 10point on handheld devices. rarely will you be able to see the screen with both hands over it. Yet 10point is mpre usefull for larger desctop screens and all inone pcs that can have space for that sort of thing.

I just watched the review as well btw, !

8. goodintentions

You misunderstand me.

The point I was trying to make was tech reviewers tend to criticize a device based on programs that primarily are used by artists and such. I never hear words like "if you run basic calculations programs like excel, hy-8, microstation, or even autocad, then this machine will do fine for you..."

I've no doubt that if you throw very graphically intensive apps that hipsters use to draw grass, then I'm sure there'll be lag and the device is blacklisted.

Anyway, the point is I never see tech reviewers review devices to recommend or not recommend devices to business professionals or engineers. All I always see are reviews aimed toward hipsters and artists... and ifans.

Just letting you know what I think. I've thrown calculations programs at this device and so far it's run everything. So, right now I know for sure this device is more than capable for my purposes. But again, I don't ever hear any of that. All I always see are reviews for hipsters, artists, and bloggers. Just sayin'.

9. Alduin The World-Eater

Alduin The World-Eater Pen Pal - Newbie

Almost exactly my thoughts.

Except that the term "very graphically intensive apps that hipsters use to draw grass" didn't come to mind :p

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree...a more accurate way to put it would be

"Very Graphically intensive apps that hipsters use to apply quick texture brushes instead of taking the time to draw grass."