Why is the TF810 being ignored by everyone?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by goodintentions, Mar 6, 2013.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For me the TF810 is a great device but in hindsight I think the same form factor( with a digitizer of course) in a 10.1" 16:10 screen would be great. I found the EP121 12" screen too long to hold in tablet mode and I still find the 11.6" 16:9 Tf 810 a bit odd to use in tablet mode. A bit too long and too narrow in portrait mode. I find myself going back to use my ipad to read my ebooks.
    My point is a 10.1" 16:10 bay trail Vivotab Tf810 will be the sweetest device.

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure if you'll get that, but there are still some 16:10 devices coming out- HP, Motion Computing, Panasonic, and of course all of Samsung Note products. The OEMs seem to be aiming them at business users who need to read and annotate PDFs, books, and forms. I don't think 16:10 is going anywhere yet. It's still too useful for a lot of people. hopefully, it'll make a comeback and find its niche.

Maybe with the next iteration of this device? Who knows?

3. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

NO, I'm saying drivers aren't available yet for Clovertrail Win 8 Atom tablets except the Samsung ATIV 500T.

4. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

I missed my train tonight, so I have to wait 1hr for the next train grrrr...

But anyway, I will try these two programs on the tf810c and will shoot a video by the weekend. Stay tuned.

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know if its just me or does anyone else think that Asus makes far more better products than the rest of the bunch. I don't understand the hype over Samsung.

6. goodintentions

Are you that famous woman on youtube? If so, cool we have a celeb here with us.

Will you do a review of the upcoming asus transformer book? The i5 will come out first and the i7 will come out a few months after that.

7. goodintentions

Well, asus has their own manufacturing facilities. Everyone else, like Samsung, apple, MS, etc. outsource their manufacturing to mega companies in China like foxconn.

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello, I don't know if you have already seen the video I made two weeks ago using Sai and Photoshop, I show the little bugs of the drivers at the beginning, but with touch disabled they work very well, as you will see in the middle of the video. I will post another better review (maybe tomorrow) where I show other tools like Sculptris, more Sai and Photoshop. I accept requests.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikIm9nYgV8c

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Tonitti

The woman I have been mailing with the last weeks at Wacom tech support is almost at the verge of a mental breakdown trying to get their bosses to release the drivers and get them out of the beta stage :p. I had the opportunity to try these drivers and when they are ready people will appreciate this tablet as an art device immensely, the pen just works fast and smooth in Sai and even in older versions of Photoshop or the new cs6 if you configure it to not take too many resources.

10. Tonitti

I agree on that. Samsung likes plastic a lot (I have not a problem with that at all, as it makes the device lighter and cheaper, but the build quality of the tf810c should be a standard). Also the tf810c has more features, I think it has 10 finger touch, nfc and 1080p recording while the 500t does not? I think these were the main differences when I was comparing them before going for the Asus; I didn't really need them but the build quality, the thinness and the less weight of this tablet won my appreciation.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013