Why is the TF810 being ignored by everyone?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by goodintentions, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alduin The World-Eater

Alduin The World-Eater Pen Pal - Newbie

That's the point.

Maybe they just don't dare to sell them as 'real PCs' because of the media. I have seen some reviews lamenting about Clover Trail speed and warning people not to expect too much. Instead of stating some use cases where you'll probably run into limitations with a Clover Trail device, they rely on those senseless Sunspider benchmarks or whatever and compare those with results from core i5-processors.

Seriously, that's some quality journalism right there.

We're getting an extremely long-lasting tablet that also runs x86. Nobody would event WANT to play heavy 3D games or do movie editing on a glossy 11" screen anyway.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Isn't the Samsung 500t the same device for a lot less money?

3. Alduin The World-Eater

For me, the difference is like 70 Euro.

And I honestly think for "just" 70 Euros more the Asus is a way better deal since it's not creaking plastic, has a better pen and an additional battery in the dock. It's almost like double runtime.

4. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

Precisely. I don't understand why you would want an i5 or i7 core inside a 12" or 13" tablet/laptop hybrid. Such a small screen is not intended for extended period of work or gaming. That's what my i7 desktop with HD 24" monitor is for.

Now that I've been using the tf810c for a couple weeks, I honestly don't see why I need to shell out $1400 for an i5 or i7 tablet.

To those who keeps saying this machine isn't capable enough because it's got an atom processor, could you tell me what you need to do on it that the atom can't handle? I've run microstation, autocad, photoshop, and ms excel at the same time and these are resource hogs. If you say 3D gaming, do you really want to do 3D gaming on an 12" screen?

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Thumbs up and nods to that.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

When you see lots of reviews of a particular product, it's because the manufacturer has a solid review program in place. They send publications loaners and reviews get written. For the TF810C, there's no review program, at least not in the US. If you want to review it, you have to buy it, and not many pubs will do that when enough (other) review units come in to keep us busy. That said, I did go buy one for review, since we have a strong focus on pen-based tablets and we don't have a big parent company that makes procuring expensive stuff a nightmare :)

7. Alduin The World-Eater

Hi there!

You bought one for review? Any plans when the review will be up on your site?

8. wubbzy

wubbzy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the insight. It's interesting to see Asus release a product for sale in the US without even listing it on the web site or doing a review program. Normally, it seems to be the other way around where they build the hype for months and everyone anxiously awaits the release date. Maybe there's something to inzimam's theory that they're trying to make up for lackluster sales of Windows RT, or perhaps it's just that they have so many devices now that the marketing org can't keep up.

P.S. I specifically looked for MobileTechReview coverage of the TF810 based on your excellent and well-informed reviews of past Asus tablets. Glad to see that perhaps there's one in the works. :thumbsup:

9. Alduin The World-Eater

Not just the marketing, also the driver department :p

10. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL, I have a feeling the sad driver state for the first few months and the high price (in the US at any rate) discouraged their marketing department.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.