Why HP Envy 8 Note is receiving so little attention?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yongtao, Dec 25, 2015.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

In my case, File History accesses the card more often that I otherwise do, and so reveals the underlying problem. Maybe it is like that for indexing, if the index is stored on C:, then is your access pattern only using the index on C:, more then accessing the card directly?

2. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

ok so it's happening again. had to format the card to get it to work, it's stopped reading it all together, lost everything on there, even my surface book wouldn't read it without formatting. is anyone else having issues with their sd card mounting then unmounting etc? if not then i'm gonna go swap mine out for another unit as it seems mine may have a hardware issue.

Sitongia The guy at the microsoft store said that was most likely the issue initially but i don't think thats my underlying problem, though it may be the cause of the slower boot times.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

Side note i did grab a Surface Pen loop from the microsoft store and stuck it to the Envy and it Works like a dream I can post pics if anyone likes.

also anyone have the files for HP InstantNote? i'd like to install it but only way would be to get the files from some one who doesn't have a signature edition from the MS store.

4. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm with both my TF cards i don't have the mount/unmount issue you experienced. I experienced once or twice that the card was not recognized at all, but it was easily fixed after i reinstall the TF card. You might be having a hardware (contact) issue with the TF card slot...

And yes the surface pen loop is a good idea...

5. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

If anyone is interested buydig has open box Envy 8's for $260 with shipping after CLEAROUT20 coupon code. Search under the Clearance section

6. bizlazybug

bizlazybug Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone confirm if the tablet is unlocked and will work on any carrier other than Verizon? I can't seem to find any info about what bands it supports either...

7. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I have same question, no other sim card I could try yet....

8. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch on the Envy 8 and the split screen feature still does not work. Latest drivers, made sure multi-tasking is enabled in settings. Not sure what else to try. Must be some special HP software that enables this. Also a pain to install from scratch, touch did not work after the reinstall, had to plug in micro USB to USB adapter which then connected to a USB hub and external mouse and keyboard, and a USB stick with the drivers. So if you ever have to reinstall, this might be something you'll have to deal with.

9. bizlazybug

bizlazybug Pen Pal - Newbie

Try lowering the DPI scaling % in the settings, I noticed when I set it to too high, it thinks the resolution isn't high enough to support the split screen when I tried on my Thinkpad 8

10. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I suspect its limited to Verizon. The Spectre x2 has the same WWAN card and users have had problems getting it to work on other carriers. More info can be found in the Spectre thread.