Why HP Envy 8 Note is receiving so little attention?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yongtao, Dec 25, 2015.

1. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well one issue that just came up is I can't snap WIndows anymore. You drag a window to the side and the divider does not come up. Tried reinstalling video drivers, no success. Might need to just do fresh install. Anyone run into this issue?

2. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

snap window in win10 only works in tablet mode, have you tried switching?

3. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I only use it in tablet mode, and as I mentioned it just started happening. As soon as you drag a window to either side, it should show the divider but it never appears.

4. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also experiencing the slow boot issue every time now. I'm pretty sure the issue was not there earlier on, and now it takes like 20 sec before the HP logo shows up and the power button is not all that responsive.....

Not sure what's going on. I didn't change any settings....

5. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

After 20min of trouble shooting I finally got the slow boot issue figured out.
    1. tried installing new UEFI diagnosis from HP, not helping.
    2. Slow boot got to have something to do with boot up sequence. I realized I have installed a 64g sandisck TF card instead of the 128g transcend TF card I have been using.
    3. Tried removing 64g sandisk TF card, boot up time gets back to normal (2 sec before the HP logo shows up)
    4. installed back 128g transcend TF, boo up time is still normal.

Conclusion:

64g sandisk tf card causing slow boot issue. And this is not the case for transcend 128g TF.

Both tf cards were formatted to exFAT, the 64g sandisk has much less files on it compared with the 128g transcend. I'm not sure it a TF card hardware compatibility problem or something else weird on the card.

If any of you are experiencing slow boot, you can check out your tf cards first :)

Notes page3.jpg

6. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm having different trouble, but with a Sandisk 64GB "Pixtor" card. I set up File History and it was disconnecting the drive multiple times per day. Then it was completely corrupted and I had to reformat it.

MSGaldenzi likes this.
  7. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the tf card tray shared with sim card are not so robust. You can try a different tf card (preferably a slightly thicker one) with better contact, clean the tf card contact pads also may help.

sitongia likes this.
  8. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

i've been having issues with both my cards as well, however they are both sandisk ultra one is 64gb one is 128gb and i had more issues with the 64gb one. basically it will be fine and the tablet sees it but if often if i try to utilize it to move something or install something it dismounts and shows up in device manager as having a problem. scanning for hardware changes 2-3 times usually fixes it, it disappears completely the first or second time and then the third time it sees it and remounts the card. i usually get the what would you like to do with this device dialogue, but 3 times i have gotten there is an error with the card try to repair it and i do but then it says nothing is wrong with the card. occasionally it takes up to 5 + scans to fix and other times that doesn't work at all so i have to do a full reboot.

i'm going to try formatting it, then i'm going to try a Samsung card maybe it's just the way san disks fit or w/e

9. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep definitely something with the cards, I have a 64GB Silicon Power card which works fine but slows up the boot process. If I boot without it it's just fine.

10. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it may have been an indexing thing, or something I tried replicating the issues in was having with it un mounting and disappearing when accessed but it hasn't done it again. Odd