Why HP Envy 8 Note is receiving so little attention?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yongtao, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

This guy actually answered why this is not picking attention.

In addition, IMHO, nowadays 2GB is just plain nonsense for the only one device, but works for just part-time device which is mostly for leisure because you have extra money.
    Cube iworks 11 stylus (or i7 stylus) serves a better alternative than this. Cheaper, larger, and give you more grunt than E8N.

But if you're looking for 8" wacom aes tablet then this is the best option by far, well mostly because the only contender is toshiba encore 2 write.
    8" market is very tricky, even surface mini was killed before bathing some spot light.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Stopped by my local Microsoft Store today, and they had a lone Envy 8 Note on display.....in fact it was the only 8-incher in the store, kind of a sad realization of just how quickly the 8-inch tablet craze died off considering the past two years, 8-inchers were so plentiful on the show floor.

I would agree that the vertical bezels are a bit too large, but I really liked the devices overall feeling. Feels a lot more solid and stable then the Asus Note 8. They even had the Wacom Active ES Pen there for use....which felt like using a N-trig pen, but it seemed very responsive. Can't say I wasn't contemplating getting it.....but 2GB/32GB as the only config just kills the device. Hell, 2GB/32GB was barley considered satisfactory back when the HP Slate 500 was released so many years ago. I wish Microsoft would make it mandatory for Windows devices to have at least 64GB. 32GB doesn't even go that far on Android or IOS anymore.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

I'm glad they finally got it on the floor. Thanks for the report

4. CoolManny

CoolManny Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I bit. Ordered one from the Microsoft Store online and
    I should get it by early next week. I currently have the Spectre x2 12T which uses the same pen so I am hoping l that they will make a great team. I will report my results in the next few weeks...

5. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Did you get the keyboard?

6. CoolManny

CoolManny Pen Pal - Newbie

No, this may sound bad but I think the keyboard is ugly. I also think that while the screen on the tablet is protected when attached the back of the tablet is exposed. I really want it for the pen.

7. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I think all 8 inch tablets are positioned as part time device any way, i still need a clamshell form factor laptop even for everyday internet usage. for a device with note in its name, i think it serves the purpose well with high resolution display and good wacom stylus.

I got mine from Microsoft store, USD 299 without keyboard. I haven't activate the verizon LTE yet, not sure is the LTE working with any other carriers...

8. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah i don't see any other better option with 8 inch screen wacom AES. I had a cube i work 8, there're still problem with Chinese manufactures on the overall build quality, touch screen responsiveness (especially when plugged in with AC power) and power management issue. It'll be interesting to see one actually building a device meeting all my needs. For now i'm happy with E8N...

Bishop likes this.
  9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not always true. My AVN8 is my primary PC. And only PC.
    And when I am at the office, I plug it to a big screen.
    And when I am outside and need a keyboard (mainly when I write code) It use an old stowaway bluetooth keybord.

dstrauss likes this.
  10. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with you. If I copy your usage model I would need surface pro 4 level of device at least, and it will be great to have it in 8 inch form factor.

Do you feel AVN8 performance good enough? Without HDMI the big screen must be driven from USB right? Could you please share some of your experience with that?

thierryb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.